Factory Reset not working?

PADroid

Reaction score
Hello there!

My phone has been slowing down and acting weird so I wanted to reset it but every time I do nothing changes. (ie, apps, info, contacts, etc) They are all still on there. It doesn't even have me go through the normal set-up process (Loggin into Gmail, etc). I have tried the in phone menu, (Menu>Privacy>Factory Reset) And the hard, (Power/home button) And neither have worked. Any ideas?

About my phone:
-Rooted
-Root hasn't worked for a few weeks since OTA update
-Running 2.3
-No custom ROM's

leftspin

Reaction score
SBF is probably the way to go if a regular hard reset won't work. Follow Savage's link and make sure you flash the Milestone SBF since you took the .621 update.

OP
P

PADroid

Reaction score
Well would that fix the problem of not being able to restore my phone?

OP
P

PADroid

Reaction score
Sorry if i'm getting annoying! One final question, I didn't want to mess anything up with my phone so I just called them and i'm getting a replacement on Tuesday! Is there an easy way to remove superuser? As you said, my root is gone, all I need to do is get rid of superuser so I don't get charged for the replacement.

leftspin

Reaction score
Sorry if i'm getting annoying! One final question, I didn't want to mess anything up with my phone so I just called them and i'm getting a replacement on Tuesday! Is there an easy way to remove superuser? As you said, my root is gone, all I need to do is get rid of superuser so I don't get charged for the replacement.

In that case I would definitely flash an SBF before you return it, it'll set everything back to stock so it's like it just came out of the box.

OP
P

PADroid

Reaction score
In that case I would definitely flash an SBF before you return it, it'll set everything back to stock so it's like it just came out of the box.
The page says "This results in a non-Verizon system but you are able to use ZergRush(...)" Will they be able to tell? And what does it mean 'Non-Verizon system'?

leftspin

Reaction score
The page says "This results in a non-Verizon system but you are able to use ZergRush(...)" Will they be able to tell? And what does it mean 'Non-Verizon system'?

The Milestone X is the Droid X but stripped of Verizon's branding. The Milestone software is just the Motoblur GB build but without the Verizon branding, hence the "non-Verizon" system. Alternatively you could flash the .621 SBF which is a Verizon build.

OP
P

PADroid

Reaction score
Hey guys! I did the SBF and that didnt work either! I used the video from the link provided. It's still all messed up and wont factory reset. Any other options to get rid of the Superuser? or just Factory reset?