Factory reset and now odd thing using battery.

Reaction score
Ok so I did a factory reset to help my battery witch was always really good but then it started to get worse don't know why. Anyway I've noticed that my cell standby is lower then it has been it was always around 35% to 45% but now its 25%. And now my screen is the highest iv seen it at 25%. Its never above 9%. I even have less stuff on my screen then I've had before and its set to automatic. So not sure what's going on here.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
S
Reaction score
This is what it is as of now

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1314201605877.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1314201605877.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 330
OP
S
Reaction score
Did a factory reset again this time wiped everything including the sd card ( nothing really on it anyway) now my cell standby is 49% and screen is 2%. I still have most of my widgets that I was using on my home screen. A few less but the same.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
1) battery stats can be odd right after a reboot
2) after factory reset, OS upgrade, or new battery it is necessary to run out the battery until the phone shuts off and then charge it all the way to calibrate the battery meter. Do this once every month or two, but try not to do it too often.

OP
S
Reaction score
I did that two days ago but my battery was still not as good as it was. The only thing that I noticed was the higher screen percentage. But I will drain the batt down again today. Just could not figure out why my screen was so high.

jesusishere

Reaction score
It is the running services, all the apps that run in the background that is killing our battery. No way to fix it till there is an update or root.

OP
S
Reaction score
I just find it funny that one day my screen % is under 10% the next day its 27% and I've changed nothing on my screen. Now as I type this its 6% with live wallpaper. I do seen to be getting better battery life. Its going to be hard draining it so I can charge it back up before I go to bed.

militant

Reaction score
The screen shot shows its been on 48 minutes. Whats the total time for the display on during that time? If it's something like 15-20 minutes or so, then that makes total sense, if its just a few minutes, then I would be inclined to think something is indeed wrong.

OP
S
Reaction score
I turned my phone on when I woke up and messed with it for about 30 min I think. Can't really remember but but it wasn't that long. I didn't think to look. But its cool now but im going to look at it again tomorrow after it dies and has all night to charge. I must of had something going on with my phone to having really good battery life to not so good. I could go 18 hours with 40% left with light to moderate use to 9 hours with 30% with the same use.

militant

Reaction score
I turned my phone on when I woke up and messed with it for about 30 min I think. Can't really remember but but it wasn't that long. I didn't think to look. But its cool now but im going to look at it again tomorrow after it dies and has all night to charge. I must of had something going on with my phone to having really good battery life to not so good. I could go 18 hours with 40% left with light to moderate use to 9 hours with 30% with the same use.

Well if it was on for 40 something minutes (off charger at least) and you were messing with it for maybe a half hour, then yeah, I would expect to see the display as the top battery consumer.

OP
S
Reaction score
I guess I've never looked at it that early. I will tomarrow.