Facebook

CharlieJ

Reaction score
Facebook for Android sucks.
but Bloo sucks even more, terrible app. comments dont show, pics dont load.

the only thing i use bloo for is notifications, since the stock app cant do notifications correctly. when i get a notification via bloo, ill open the stock app.

It's been at least TWO days now... and the FB app that came with my Droid is still giving the "An error has occurred while fetching data. [Malformed JSON]". The odd thing is that is only showing on the Profile link. Notifications and Newsfeed update and links touched work fine.

As for Bloo, I installed v1.4.?? and it FC every single time I tried to use it. My Moto Droid is not rooted and the FB app is the stock one that came with the 2.1 OS.

metsnfins

Reaction score
I am getting that same fetching error on my profile on the facebook ap
But my profile page is not loading for bloo either it's blank
Anyone else?

ltfrakes

Reaction score
Facebook for Android sucks.
but Bloo sucks even more, terrible app. comments dont show, pics dont load.

the only thing i use bloo for is notifications, since the stock app cant do notifications correctly. when i get a notification via bloo, ill open the stock app.

It's been at least TWO days now... and the FB app that came with my Droid is still giving the "An error has occurred while fetching data. [Malformed JSON]". The odd thing is that is only showing on the Profile link. Notifications and Newsfeed update and links touched work fine.

As for Bloo, I installed v1.4.?? and it FC every single time I tried to use it. My Moto Droid is not rooted and the FB app is the stock one that came with the 2.1 OS.

Same promlem here Charlie with Droid and FBstock app. I get fetching error now for both News Feed and Profile, so it is now totally useless! Damn it!

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the Android app for Facebook completly suck?
yes this is a common subject on the board.

There was a small update to the app that made it a little better. It now has an inbox and it doesn't send you to the mobile when you view pics. It still needs a lot of work.
I hated that it opened a browser to see pictures.

iPhone's app actually took a step backward as now you can't post pictures. At least a couple weeks ago that was the case. Used to be able to post pics to someone else's wall which we can't do.

Still, the app/phone is still an infant in comparison to the iPlug.

CharlieJ

Reaction score
Same promlem here Charlie with Droid and FBstock app. I get fetching error now for both News Feed and Profile, so it is now totally useless! Damn it!

My Droid died Friday afternoon. Reactivated my BB Pearl yesterday. Guess what! No issues with the FB app. My new Droid arrives today. I wonder if the FB app will have the same issue on a brand new phone. Update you later...

woot505

Reaction score
Just a note, I go through the browser to facebook, I go to full page mode(located at the bottom of the page) I see my fb page just like it is on my computer and I CAN EVEN CHAT doing it that way, IT WORKS, CHAT AND ALL!!! give that a try!! IT WORKS!!

dkfloyd

Reaction score
FB message help

All of a sudden now when I get alerted that I have a FB message and I open it up, it's blank. It takes me to the browser but its all blank.
What happened?

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I gave up on fb notifications. I suddenly started getting them, but I have the same issue... blank screen?!?!?

solar

Reaction score
yea, the facebook app is pretty awful. I don't use it much Often times i'll just open it on the off chance it give me a notification. I keep Bloo installed jut for the notifications. too often it doesn't reflect comments properly or on't diplay pictures, so I end up using the facebook toch site, except when i'm looking through my friends (whicch doesn't seem to work well with touch? I can only see the first page) Generall, i've been going to the full site in the browser, which generall works well, but is a tad slower.