Facebook Updated With Features Long Requested

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Not a bad update at all, but I've still got a few complaints.

There doesn't appear to be any light/sound/vibrate for when you get a new chat message. Also, it logs in by default, and there's no message letting you know that you're successfully offline when you choose that option. Clicking chat again loads up the list of contacts again, so I'm guessing that's how you go back online...? Hoping there are better options for the chat in a future update.

As for the push notifications, when viewing notifications in the app and another one comes in, it shows up right away, but causes the list to reload completely, and it's easy to lose your place in the list if a few come in at once. Also, my biggest complaint from the start, I'd like notifications of new comments/likes/etc. They appear to still only support messages, events, and pokes, all of which I get way less often than comments.

Guess I'll continue to rely on TweetDeck for notifications in the bar of comments and likes, but this app has definietly come a long way since the D1 came out, so I'll keep waiting. :-D
yea im stickin with tweetdeck also...gonna have both installed til facebook makes it better

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
Anyone else not have settings for push notifications?

I still have notification times of only 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours or Never -- but I am still getting notifications.

Not sure what is going on here though.
i think those settings are only for messages and invites but push is only for notifications

well if you do notice when you disable the notifications the time interval setting greys out that my be why i and are a bit confused

1 thing i dont like is from a couple updates back where it automatically brings you to the news feed instead of like it used to be where it brought you to the main screen

and one more thing the chat isnt loading for me

nubby

Reaction score
Where is the "Chat" access screen.

Disregard this, I found it. I had a manual update, and it wasn't there, but clicked the QR in the op and now I got it. (And it was in the new market!)

Hey, where did the edit button go?

PatrickJ

Reaction score
I will have "offline" checked on the FB chat option until they make it as good as Go! Chat.

The only knock I have on Go! Chat is that the LED notification doesn't work on my Droid 1. Vibrate, ringtone work but not the LED...I WANT MY LED TO WORK DAMN IT!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm not a huge Facebook user, but I do like to post pictures to my wall from time to time. Unless I am clueless, when I add a picture to Facebook via the app, it doesn't add it to my wall. Just my picture library. I usually just end up using the website on my phone.

MotoDroid

Reaction score
It would be nice if we could Tag photos in the app!

That's what I'm talking about! What the &%$@#! iPhone has been photo tagging for sometime.........not Android though. IT CAN'T BE THAT DIFFICULT to add this feature. Sucks we can't tag photos but iPhone can!:confused:

Reaction score
i was excited to have to the chat feature but its annoying that there is no sound or vibration when a message is received.

Back to trillan for me

Bullzeye

Reaction score
Comments are pushed...

I dont think comments are pushed.... i have been experimenting.... it seems only messages and events. And if it is comments.... its not working for me...

I dont care about messages i want comments!!

darkmage54

Reaction score
Hi,

I have the Orig. Moto Droid. and I do not get the push notifications. I do not see anything for it in the settings.

I have the intervals but thats' not the same.

Chat works fine. but i don't really care about the chat.

need the push notifications to work.

Please help.
Thank you kindly.

epsilonbass

Reaction score
Here has been my experience of the update thus far:

I don't use chat, so I haven't played around with it at all.

As far as the push notifications, right now I have the Refresh Interval set at Zero. Thus far I have received push notifications for Messages, Events, Someone Writing on my wall, New comments after I've posted a comment on someone else's post. Not sure about likes, cause no one has liked my posts yet.

Logging on to a different account, and posting a comment on my sync'ed facebook account, I was noticing a decently large delay, with sometimes never getting a push notification.

Soooo, push notification is working, there seems to be no obvious control settings for it, so it's hard to tell what's going on. I'm sure if they are just releasing the push notification setting they're still getting all the kinks worked out.

Over all, I'm excited because that was one of the things I was most disappointed about while moving from the ipod touch to the DX. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for push notifications on ESPN scorecenter.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
installed last night, ironically while I was chatting on FB with someone (on the laptop) and it was seamless. I could switch to the phone and the chat window would update with the app chat immediately. Other user couldn't tell the difference nor could I on the pc or the phone. Awesome.

Notifications however, I like the push notifications but not for everything. I only want friend request and messages. I can uncheck the rest but it seems that if notifications is turned on at all, I'm stuck getting them for people who post to threads I've liked or contributed in, writes on my wall, etc. Just too many for me.

So, turned them off.

Love the chat option though!