Facebook Notification Retrieval Error

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Facebook Notification Retrieval Error [SOLVED]

I did a quick search on this and found someone elsewhere had this problem...back in January. Anyway...

So only recently do I get this error when trying to get my Facebook Notifications:

"Cannot retrieve the notifications. Please try again later. [601/Parser error:unexpected '-' at position 64.]"

Obviously I've already tried power cycling the thing, pulling the battery, and clearing all the Facebook data and reloading everything to no avail. As the other post I read mentioned, this is likely a Facebook issue, and not necessarily an Android one. I was only curious if this was happening to anyone else. I'm assuming not given there don't seem to be any recent posts about this issue directly that I saw.

EDIT: Sorry for the lack of observance; shortly after posting I not only realized that there was an updated Facebook app, but also that it installs over the original. I had this weird assumption that because Facebook is installed by default you'd get some sort of update notification. This fixes the issue just in case anyone else hasn't realized this yet. :)

Last edited:

cocorama

Reaction score
ok, so i got this message and saw your post,
but, pardon my lack of awareness, how do you get, install the new updated version of FB?

Thanks,

Brandonovich

Reaction score
First off, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST! I have been pissed about this problem for a month now, and this fixed. To install it, just download the FB app from the market and it will install over the old one, and it is much better.