Droid facebook problem

hansmokin

Reaction score
Every time i try to refresh my facebook notifications, it says this:

'cannot retrieve the notifications. Please try again later. [601 /Parser error: unexpected '-' at position 57'

and it's been 3 days now. i've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, resyncing. what should i do at this point?

texasPI

Reaction score
I had this issue for the last several days but it cleared up today. Didn't do anything on my end. Very annoying.

ezekiel2000

Reaction score
I've had the same error for the same amount of time. The notifications never seemed to update too great even before but now they are seriously broken! To get around it I did two things:

1) On the advice of another member here I installed "Bloo" which is a facebook app that has awesome notifications. Sends your notifications straight to your phone, notifies you right in your droids notification bar if you'd like. You can set it to check for new notifications anywhere from every 1 minute to every half hour...
2) I put the bookmark to facebook from the web browser right on my homescreen...the web version seems to be best anyway and is the only one I've found so far that lets you have access to the inbox.

Those two things and I'm happy. Forget the app that ships with the phone...it's good for synching the contacts but that's it. Tired of the lame errors and them not fixing it.

lDemon

Reaction score
i recently have a problem where i go to facebook using dolphin browser(not sure if you guys use it, but so far i loooove it) but anyway my bookmark for facebook is set to my profile and when i hit home where it shows all my friends recent posts, it goes to the TOUCH VERSION(if you guys know what it is, it sucks, its just the lower end version and doesnt display everything), and it never used to do that, it would go to the full site instead of the touch version....and im pissed about it. Any ideas why?????? PLZZZZ HELP!!!!! THANX IN ADVANCE