facebook not syncing photos...

Flipp

Reaction score
ok so i had the moto facebook app that came with the phone and it sync'ed all my photos just fine, then a friend told me to try the android FB app so i removed my FB account and looked into the android version of the FB app, but i didnt like it much cause it didnt sync the photos, but now that i go back and add the FB account to my phone again the photos dont sync up. WTH?!?!?! the phone has been acting slow lately too. maybe its just being slow in syncing the contact photo's?

i notice the phone lags sometimes when i txt or when im trying to pull down the notification bar. anyone else having these probs? the contacts not syning and the lagging?
TIA

-Flipp

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I use the moto facebook service AND the app from the market (as well as "bloo" for notifications and chat), but I told the db app not to synce contacts at all and am just relying on moto's fb service for contact sync.

Haven't really noticed any lag though. Could potentially be because of another app or two. Have you downloaded any other new apps recently?

Emitted from X.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The latest comment in the market on that app says that the dx doesn't recognize fb logged in, so the app doesn't work.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't syncagain after you reenable it...

Emitted from X.

OP
Flipp

Flipp

Reaction score
yea i suppose so, my phone has been acting a bit sluggish, so i wrote down all the apps i had and did a hard reset. phone works much better now, i just used the MB FB app for the photo sync and im using the android app for the nicer widget. i also download an app called launcher pro, **** rocks, kinda like sence ui, but you can customize how many screens you have, and the icon look a bit better IMO. one down side is that you have to set up where all your widgets go on each screen but its not bad. thanks for the replies.
-Flipp

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah, Launcherpro rules. I sprang for the plus version. First home replacement I was ever willing to pay for. It's got really sexy calendar and contact widgets.

Emitted from X.

Cinabun23

Reaction score
ok so i had the moto facebook app that came with the phone and it sync'ed all my photos just fine, then a friend told me to try the android FB app so i removed my FB account and looked into the android version of the FB app, but i didnt like it much cause it didnt sync the photos, but now that i go back and add the FB account to my phone again the photos dont sync up. WTH?!?!?! the phone has been acting slow lately too. maybe its just being slow in syncing the contact photo's?

i notice the phone lags sometimes when i txt or when im trying to pull down the notification bar. anyone else having these probs? the contacts not syning and the lagging?
TIA

-Flipp
OMG!!!!! Im having the same issue too! I did a Factory reset because my phone started lagging REALLY BAD and I wasn't sure why. So when trying to add the Moto FB account again, I can see updates in the Social Networking app and in the widget, but NO CONTACTS ARE SYNCED WITH FB! No pics, nothing! UGH! Also, no pics show up next to the status updates in the widget OR the Social Networking app. Even when I go into my contacts, and choose FB as the default contact display it says "You do not have any contacts" WTF?! Helppppppp!

tbeaulieu

Reaction score
John. Thank you. I changed my email address in facebook and before I knew it I had no fb contacts or pics. I thought I had tried everything, but after reading this I deleted the fb connection one more time and recreated it. This gave me "no contact history" in the fb group. I rebooted. BAM!

Thanks!