facebook and the droid x...

cloutier

Reaction score
first off...got my droid x in the mail yesterday, and i couldn't be happier that i made the switch from an iphone 3g. this thing is amazing, and i've yet to experience any of the problems that have appeared on this forum (knock on wood).

moving on...

from what i've gathered, using the facebook (and twitter) application that comes on the phone will result in it puking the entirety of your friends list in to your contacts, which is definitely something i don't want. i have about 3000 friends, and the last thing i need is people that i rarely contact or know only through djing to all show up in a list on my phone that i'm unable to delete, ignore, or filter out.

i've tried using bloo, another facebook client, but it pretty much sucks. is there another comparable facebook application out there that i could use that actually has all the features of the website? maybe this is where i was spoiled with the iphone, because the facebook app for that is beautiful and super easy to use, and has all the features (inbox, friend requests, events, etc).

also, what about the possibility of the facebook application that comes installed being different than the one you download in the marketplace (the official app)? possible that moto made their own to fit in with the social networking things?

Garandhero

Reaction score
Alright ive done this and its just not true, when you setup your facebook account it only pulls in contacts in your facebook phonebook thing.... which is not all your freinds. For instance of my 600+ "friends" I only have like 80 or 90 in this contacts list which is found by clicking friends, then on the left you see "Phonebook" ONLY THOSE FRIENDS ARE ADDED

HOWEVER, Syncing your facebook will automatically add FACEBOOK PHOTOS to any name that matches up to your GOOGLE CONTACTS LIST.. However they have to match the name perfectly to what it is in FACEBOOK.

OP
C

cloutier

Reaction score
so you did the "social network" thing and added facebook there?

and where do you see a facebook phonebook? i'm trying to find it on the website...

OP
C

cloutier

Reaction score
i'm really hesitant to do the facebook **** and have it just flood my phone with users, but i do want to have it so i can upload photos on the fly, as well as get pictures for all my contacts.

help!!