F150 w/ Sony Navigation & the Thunderbolt anybody with experience good or bad?

JRParsons

Reaction score
As the title says, I am about to buy a 2011 F150 Platinum with the Sony Navigation system, I would like to hear anybodies's experience with this vehicle and their android phone (specifically the Thunderbolt). Will I be able to stream music via btooth, etc. The dealership is shipping the vehicle in, and doesn't have any others with Nav. so I can't test it out. I'm going to see if they let me connect it to a Taurus or something similar to see how it works. Thanks in advance.

I know this is really foolish, but I may change my vehicle choice based on how it performs with my phone.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'd get a new phone before a new vehicle especially if its $44k and I liked it.

My tb worked fine with the sync system in my car. It didn't play music via bluetooth. Has to be connected via usb. The tb also won't allow you to read text messages via sync. My bionic does though.

OP
JRParsons

JRParsons

Reaction score
Thanks probably still going to buy it, plan on getting the Nexus in a few months anyway.

leapnlineman

Reaction score
I have a 2009 F-150 and my Thunderbolt will play through the Ford SYNC system radio. Just have to pull the phone up on the SYNC system go into the ADR6400L Menu on the SYNC and set to Bluetooth Streaming Media. I play Pandora Radio through the SYNC system all the time and it even played a recording that I did with the phones Voice Recorder through the car stereo. It really has more to do with the Ford SYNC system than the navigation system. But all in all the Thunderbolt and Ford SYNC make a great pair.

OP
JRParsons

JRParsons

Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I was hoping for.