External mic

lurchk

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good external mic that I can hook up to my D2G. I want to use the phone as a voice recorder and want something better than the built in mic.

Reaction score
Wouldn't a wired headset do this? Similar to what Blackberrys and iphones come with?

Sent from my D2G.

OP
L

lurchk

Reaction score
I was looking for some that had better quality. Kinda like the 'Mikey' by Blue for the iphone.

jojoferari

Reaction score
I can't vouch for them since I haven't purchased one yet, but I hear thumbtack mics work.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ssc801

Reaction score
I have 3 external microphones

2 wired and one bluetooth, they all work.

The problem is they only work with the telephone application. And none, I have are made for high quality although they maybe
better than the internal microphone.

I have been unable to find an application made for recording that uses the external microphone jack. But I only tried a dozen
free applications.

I used a wired 3 way video jack and various adapters so I can connect any audio source to the microphone input jack.
But of course none of the applications use it, even the ones that boast high quality recording,
Sounds like I should put that on my list of useful applications no one has developed.

yog-sothoth

Reaction score
Old thread, but to save others (who found this using a Google search) some frustration:

"SoundAbout"
can "force" applications to use a wired headset with mic.

I use this to split the jack into separate headphone and microphone outputs.