Extended battery with stock case

CSteffel21

Reaction score
I have a Galaxy S5 and live on my phone. Really dont wanna be carrying around a charger with me all the time.
Can't seem to find anything on Amazon and would really like to have an extended battery with the same size as the stock so it can still fit into my Otterbox case.

Thanks.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm speaking from the experience with my s4, if you want the stock battery backing on it, you're not going to get much of a bump in capacity. The stock s4 battery I think is 2600mAh, I have a RAVpower battery in it right now and it's rated at 2800mAh. I don't know how accurate that is rated so not sure if it really is above or maybe even below the stock battery capacity, but either way you're not going to be able to fit much of an extended battery in there with the stock battery cover.

And the beauty of the s5 is you don't have to carry a charger around with you all day, you can just bring along a fully charged battery.

Last edited:
OP
CSteffel21

CSteffel21

Reaction score
Thanks. I'd really like to just use my case I got for my phone. I remember ordering a 3200 I think and it was huge for my s3 and it came with an extended back over and a rubber silicone case thing. But it offered no protection at all.
I'd like to fully protect my phone.
Thanks.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Thanks. I'd really like to just use my case I got for my phone. I remember ordering a 3200 I think and it was huge for my s3 and it came with an extended back over and a rubber silicone case thing. But it offered no protection at all.
I'd like to fully protect my phone.
Thanks.
Is carrying a spare standard battery like dezymond said not an option you'd consider? When I think I'm going to need more juice than what the standard battery will give me, that's exactly what I did with my S5. It's what I do now with my Note 4. I can quickly switch the battery out for a fully charged one and use any case I want.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Not an option. Lol

Since you're laughing at the suggestion, may I ask why it's not an option? A spare battery is small, so it's easy to carry. Switching it out is not difficult or inconvenient. It's what many folks around here do.

The fact of the matter is that you won't find an extended battery that is the same size as the stock battery. There are some out there that might say they give you an extra 100 or 200mAh, but at the end of the day they rarely (if ever) exceed the battery life from the stock OEM battery. If you want a truly extended battery, you'll have to get one that's larger than the stock battery, and that won't let you use your case.

If you don't want to change cases to accommodate a larger battery, and you don't want to carry around a charger, carrying a spare battery is just about the only choice you have.

OP
CSteffel21

CSteffel21

Reaction score
It's not worth it to me. Having to charge two batteries, taking the case off and on constantly. Otterbox cases to me would lose its purpose after a while of taking it and off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
CSteffel21

CSteffel21

Reaction score
Just gonna order a bigger battery I guess. So long to my case I bought. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
I use both of the suggested on my S5, spare and a New Treat 7000, depending upon location, need and use. It's hard to find a decent case for an extended battery as well. Good luck.