extended battery help/information

cjb5327

Reaction score
so I am looking for an extended battery for my phone because myn sucks. Yes I've tried all the apps to help save battery life, but they all suck as well. Is the actual battery itself bigger than the normal battery? The back of my battery says BH5X, I'm seeing other batteries labeled as BH6X and they are being called the enxtended battery. I'm also seeing extended batteries as something completely new that looks a bit more bulkier and it has its own cover and such. Which is right or better or whatever. I would prefer an extended battery that uses the same battery door as the default droid x,but if the other ones are signifacntly better than I would seetle for those as well.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The bh6x... Is an extended battery with about 30% more power... Buy if you get it.. You should get the right battery door.. Although some people do use the factory door...
The actual door is about 1mm thicker.. So some people can use the stock door... Some people will have it actually put pressure in the screen and it can rainbow

We have nothing to fear but running out if beer

leftspin

Reaction score
I just saw a post from another guy a little earlier today saying that the normal battery cover actually fits better with the extended battery. I would try them both, it might be something that varies from phone to phone (although I'm not sure why, they're all built to the same specifications in a factory)

If you've had your phone a long time, it might just be that your stock battery is getting old. Mine did, at one point I would get less than 4 hrs to a charge but I bought a new regular battery for 5 bucks and my X lasts a day or two off the charger now

debrad0307

Reaction score
If.. and that is a big IF you get the extended battery from Verizon they battery cover is provided. The battery itself is a bit bigger but IMO it is not that noticeable. If you are using a case it otterbox it should still fit the phone with no issue.

Sent from my DROIDX