Extended battery half price rip off.. anyone else find this?

angelman

Reaction score
I recently took advantage of the 50% off extended battery sale on the verizon website. The website confirmed the price and I purchased the battery. In fact I purchased two (in two separate sessions).
I received the batteries and all seemed to be well. I did not check in detail the confirmation email at that time. I was just going through my bank accounts today after the Christmas spending spree and discovered that Verizon had not honoured their web site price. I do not have a screen shot of the $24.95 price and I see that the confirmation emails they sent me (after I confirmed my purchase) indeed say $49.99 (the usual price).
Not really sure what I should do. I bought two, one as a gift for a friend but $50 it rather more than I would like to spend on them. I am using the battery and it's great. How can I get Verizon to honour their web site price?
Anyone else find the same issue>

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I have my receipt for the half off price; perhaps a picture of that might help persuade them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ryguy5254

Reaction score
You probably weren't paying attention, and you probably bought the batteries after the sale ended.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
You probably weren't paying attention, and you probably bought the batteries after the sale ended.

When I bought my phone and extended battery the sales guy told me the half price sale went through until the 1st. He was almost trying to talk me out of the battery too, lol

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sometimes some sites will just credit the half back once delivery is confirmed. This happened to me with another site

MrKleen

Reaction score
Just call customer service and they will give you the credit.

They are usually very reasonable.

famac!

Reaction score
Love the Chinese kids for their cheap EBAY accessories. Never have (and never will) buy an accessory from a Verizon store or their website. Now back on topic...

x25064

Reaction score
Love the Chinese kids for their cheap EBAY accessories. Never have (and never will) buy an accessory from a Verizon store or their website. Now back on topic...

Extended batteries are usually the same price all around regardless of where you get them, especially for new phones. The 50% off deal was actually a smart move by verizon because almost everyone here snatched an extended battery.

famac!

Reaction score
Extended batteries are usually the same price all around regardless of where you get them, especially for new phones. The 50% off deal was actually a smart move by verizon because almost everyone here snatched an extended battery.

Some prefer the guaranteed genuineness of getting it from Verizon and paying more while some of us prefer the much lower prices on EBAY and dont care if it was made in China, Vietnam or Mexico. As long as it works, its all good by me.

Last edited:

shuttered13

Reaction score
I was able to buy the extended battery today in the store for $24.99, so I believe the sale is still going on.

Reaction score
got mine for $26 and promptly returned it. waste of money. didn't notice any difference in battery life and couldn't find a case that would fit. got the standard battery with the portable charger-much more useful. :D

OP
A

angelman

Reaction score
issue resolved, verizon issued a refund

just to follow up on this. As someone suggested I called customer service (very hard to find a phone number for internet sales I found) and they said they would credit my account.
+1 for verizon customer service -1 for internet sales website screwing this up. Yes I did check VERY carefully that I was being charged the right amount $24.95 each time. I actually opened up two separate browsers (firefox and opera) and cleared my cookies to ensure this worked.
So for the future just make sure to check the confirmation email that the price is what you expect and also don't be afraid to contact customer service which unlike the verizon retail stores appears to offer very fair service.
As an addendum the quality of branded accessories does generally tend to be higher though not always worth the extra cost. I have bought after market batteries before and they were fairly useless. I have found the extended battery to be quite a bit better and you can never have too many batteries anyway..

bmkdroid

Reaction score
I got one as well... havn't really noticed much improvement in the battery life. I'm sure there is a slight bit, but I didn't expect much as the increase in mAh isn't very much. Either way though, I definitely love the feel of the extended battery's included back cover much better than stock. More rounded and feels nicer in my hand. Plus, my stock one seemed to have some give if i would press even slightly in the middle under the camera and it would sort of make a clicky noise which annoyed me.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for my extended to come in. I have found Verizon customer service to be fantastic.