Extended Battery Cover Antenna

Droidram56

Reaction score
I just got a Rezound and was researching extended batteries and replacement covers and noticed some comments about the antenna not being as good on the cover for the HTC extended battery. Some stated that their reception was degraded.

I was curious if anyone on here has had that experience and if other vendors' extended batteries for this phone have the same issue. If this has already been covered in an earlier thread, just point me to it. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I have an extended battery and cover but mine is HTC so I never had a problem. I can see if you bought an off brand battery and cover where you might have an issue. If you want to avoid problems stick to OEM.

stemo

Reaction score
IMO my phone with the extended battery and case from vzw gets better reception than the stocker.

OP
Droidram56

Droidram56

Reaction score
Thanks, I will check these out. I saw a video online showing how to adapt an Otterbox Defender case for the extended battery sized Rezound.

Have you tried this and, if so, how well did it work?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Droidram56 said:
Thanks, I will check these out. I saw a video online showing how to adapt an Otterbox Defender case for the extended battery sized Rezound.

Have you tried this and, if so, how well did it work?

I use the VZ belt clip hard case. I like it.

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
Ya my reception is better with the extended case

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

stemo

Reaction score
I have the defender case with the extended battery. No complaints here.

Reaction score
stemo said:
IMO my phone with the extended battery and case from vzw gets better reception than the stocker.

I agree, my reception seems at least as good, if not better with the OEM extended battery.

HowardZ

Reaction score
That idea was probably my fault. For some time I mistakenly though the extended cover had inferior antennas.

Someone pointed out to me that the Verizon extended cover has antennas which are almost identical to the antennas in the standard cover. There is a black gluey paint covering the antennas which makes them difficult to see, but they are there.

Regards

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That idea was probably my fault. For some time I mistakenly though the extended cover had inferior antennas.

Someone pointed out to me that the Verizon extended cover has antennas which are almost identical to the antennas in the standard cover. There is a black gluey paint covering the antennas which makes them difficult to see, but they are there.

Regards

Yeah my skinny cover the stuff is copper/golden colored and the extended it's covered in black.
On a side note the extended battery and cover fits my hand better than the one that came on the phone. I got it at Verizon when I got the phone and haven't used the skinny one enough to comment on reception differences.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

Islander53

Reaction score
I have the HTC extended battery and have not had any issues with the antenna...works great!!

OP
Droidram56

Droidram56

Reaction score
Just ordered the OEM extended battery and cover, along with an Otterbox Defender case, which is adaptable for the extended battery cover. Thanks, everyone, for the feedback.

Islander53

Reaction score
I have the HTC extended 2750 mAh battery + cover and have not had any reception issues.