Extended Battery Charger

Trever1t

Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to externally charge an extended battery. It's be sweet if it could also charge standard batteries as well ;)

I know the Verizon offering won't doit, isn't there any other way?

ERIC8585

Reaction score
Last edited:

Tacomatrd4x402

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you say that the verizon offering doesn't do it... are you referring to the actual motorola stand alone battery charging dock?

If so it does actually charged extended batteries quite well. I have two extended batteries for my bionic along with that battery dock charger and swap out the batterys all the time

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Trever1t

Trever1t

Reaction score

Figures the guys/gals in the store don't know what they're talking about. They told me the extended battery doesn't fit... I have 2 exteneded batteries too.

Can I buy that charger without buying a regualr battery?

Last edited:

Tacomatrd4x402

Reaction score
From what I know I don't think you can. I think it just comes standard with the standard battery. I also ended up getting stuck with two standard batteries that I don't even use. At least I know I'll be ready for catastrophic 1wk blackout lol

ERIC8585

Reaction score
Just bought the universal charger below (listed as compatible with Bionic Extended battery). I'll let you know how it works!

I just received it today. On their site it says it chargers 3.7/7.2V, but on the package it says it's for 4.2/8.4V batteries. The Droid Bionic battery is 3.7V. Not sure if it's ok or not to use it.

portlandjosh

Reaction score
I just received it today. On their site it says it chargers 3.7/7.2V, but on the package it says it's for 4.2/8.4V batteries. The Droid Bionic battery is 3.7V. Not sure if it's ok or not to use it.

Did you try it? Curious if this thing works. The price is right!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
This would be great hope it works seems the bionic is very particular as to the charger u use.... hope the batteries hold their charge on this

Anyone have it?

shankomatic

Reaction score
The Motorola OEM charger, like the one Costco sold charges both battery sizes.

wburleson

Reaction score
Works well!! A little awkward but as long as u make sure it is making good contact it does the job! I come home from work and swap it out, no down time!