Extended batteries

YoungDrea

Reaction score
Do they have any available yet?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

dobosininja

Reaction score
Verzion sells an official version for 49.99 that comes with the battery and back cover.

There are also quite a few on ebay that sell for around 15 bucks.

From what I have read on xda they seem to preform pretty good. I have yet to order mine yet, so I cannot say how they work personally.

theacousticprophet

Reaction score
Seidio has a 1750mAh battery for the DInc2.

seidioonline.com

They have also made "Big Cahuna type" batteries for many other phones that are often around 3k mAh and come with an extended back door for the phone. I haven't seen one for the DInc2 yet, but that doesn't mean they won't come out with one.

anguish

Reaction score
I have the stock HTC extended battery. Love it, although I'm currently back to the stock battery at the moment. I swap back and forth periodically.

OP
YoungDrea

YoungDrea

Reaction score
How big of a difference can you tell with the stock extended battery? Since its stock, its no bigger in size right?

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
How big of a difference can you tell with the stock extended battery? Since its stock, its no bigger in size right?

It is bigger, a new battery door is included. And as far as the battery life goes, you will definitely notice a big difference. It also offers way better protection from scratches on the camera/flash lenses on the phone

OP
YoungDrea

YoungDrea

Reaction score
Okay thanks for the info. So since its bigger, a normal silicone case probably wouldn't fit, right?

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
I have tried using one on my phone with the extended battery and it doesn't fit properly... It WILL fit on but it might not stay on long. I never use cases or covers so to me it doesn't really matter but I haven't seen any that are made specifically for the extended battery yet

Card

Reaction score
So, there are no extended batteries that make use of the stock back cover? I guess it shouldn't be much of a surprise, since it's already a tight fight.

It's a shame though, as I love my Incipio case.

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
Let us know how it works out if you get it! I would like to use an Otterbox when I'm hiking or hunting or anything else that could possibly be rough on my phone and right now there are no cases available for extended batteries

OP
YoungDrea

YoungDrea

Reaction score
Yes if anyone has the stock sized extended battery please let us know if the gains are worth spending the money on. I know those bigger batteries are great, had one with my original incredible but would like to stay as close to stock size as possible so I can keep using my cases.

bik2101

Reaction score
they are good. i have the mugen 1800.. but... for $40-50 not sure if its worth it.. luckily I was able to get mine for like $25. I probably owuldn't buy it for the $40-50 seidio and mugen are asking for.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had the seidio 1750 and didn't notice much of a difference, except that it drops off the first 10-20% a LOT faster than the stock battery, but levels out after that. But I'm getting excellent battery life (easily 1+ days) on the stock battery as is... but I'm probably considered a "light to moderate" user...