Explorer will not load at times

rgn2000

Reaction score
Every now and then Internet Explorer refuses to load anything. Even if I click on windows and close all to get it to restart, it won't load the google home page and I can't load anything else. The only solution is to reboot the phone. I cannot find explorer in the applications to force close either. Anyone else experience this?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
How did you get Internet Explorer on your Droid?

Or are you referring to the browser?

dolpns13

Reaction score
this also happens sometimes with Dolphin Browser HD. not sure why.. I never have to restart the phone. Instead of restarting, cant you just go to manage apps and kill the app? Or if you have a task killer like I do, kill it that way - thats how I fix my browser issue.

OP
R

rgn2000

Reaction score
Yes, I guess I meant browser. I don't think I can edit the thread title though.

Also I am not sure how to force stop the browser. It is not listed in the application programs to force close. I have looked under browser and explorer in my apps list.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
To the original poster, if you're talking about your android phone, then there are a few things to clear up. It's not running Windows; it's running Android. The default browser isn't Internet Explorer. If you want to force it closed you won't find it under "Explorer" in the Manage Applications menu; you'll find it under the name "Browser. It won't be in the "Downloaded Apps" tab, it will be under the "running apps" or "all" tabs.

It could be running slow or locking up for a variety of reasons. Are you trying to connect through wifi or 3g? Try clearing the caches.

dolpns13

Reaction score
Yes, I guess I meant browser. I don't think I can edit the thread title though.

Also I am not sure how to force stop the browser. It is not listed in the application programs to force close. I have looked under browser and explorer in my apps list.

ON the dolphin Browser, if you click on menu, while in the browser, there should be a choice to "exit", I think this should be the same for the stock browser you are using.

OP
R

rgn2000

Reaction score
To the original poster, if you're talking about your android phone, then there are a few things to clear up. It's not running Windows; it's running Android. The default browser isn't Internet Explorer. If you want to force it closed you won't find it under "Explorer" in the Manage Applications menu; you'll find it under the name "Browser. It won't be in the "Downloaded Apps" tab, it will be under the "running apps" or "all" tabs.

It could be running slow or locking up for a variety of reasons. Are you trying to connect through wifi or 3g? Try clearing the caches.

AGAIN I AM SORRY I said Explorer. I understand it is the browser. I also forgot I could filer the applications and getting "all" and now I do see the browser. I will try it next time it happens. BTW, I am talking 3g and yes I have a good signal and everything else works fine. Thank you.