Exclude Google Voice from calling certain contacts

fry-lock

Reaction score
I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find an answer to this other then to buy flex dialer pro, and I really don't like the way it works because it takes way too long to connect. I AM NOT LOOKING TO CHEAT FNF AND MAKE ALL MY CALLS FOR FREE.

Basically, I use my GV number for my business and is my main contact number. However, I want to use my VZW number to dial certain contacts (close family and friends) but use GV for all other calls.

Right now I'm having GV prompt me before every call, but that is extremely annoying. The reason I don't want to use my GV for all my calls, is because if I'm calling a close friend that's on VZW, i'd rather use my VZW # so the call will be free for both of us.

Is there any way to do this, or am I forced between the two evils of waiting 20+ seconds to make a call by using flex dialer, or hitting the use GV prompt every time I make a call?

Cuda4

Reaction score
I have this same question. Anyone have a suggestion?

lstroyan

Reaction score
Just found Voice Plus and it is perfect. You create a contact group using google contacts (e.g., in my case, Verizon users) and add any contacts you either want or don't want to use the main number with. Instructions were good. You can select by area code too. In my case I wanted to get all my mobile-to-mobile calls free, and use GV for the rest, so I looked through my statements on myVerizon and added all the M2M numbers to a contact group and set that contact group as my GV Contact Group in Voice Plus.

I even use an alternative dialer (DW Contacts) and it worked well, no reboot required even.

Lisa