Exchange server issues

leonard

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid issued by work. We use exchange server for our e-mail, contacts, calender, etc. So far the Droid has lost the settings for the coporate e-mail account three times. It will lose all e-mails, appointments ect and go to the setup screen like it was never set up when you select the corporate calender. Also I have had to delete all my personal e-mail accounts because the Droid started mixing up headers and the bodies of e-mails, both received and ones I replied to, between accounts. I had to delete the corporate account and set it back up yesterday because it started mixing up headers and bodies of e-mails within the corporate e-mail account. Anyone know what is going on, or experienced similar issues?

OP
L

leonard

Reaction score
e-mail problem

Verizon sent a replacement Droid.

One thing missing is the search list in the Google map application. On the other Droid I had a lot more layers. Is there any way to copy the map app from the old unit to the new one?

jsmeyerjr

Reaction score
Exchanger Server Disconnect

I have a Motorola Droid issued by work. We use exchange server for our e-mail, contacts, calender, etc. So far the Droid has lost the settings for the coporate e-mail account three times. It will lose all e-mails, appointments ect and go to the setup screen like it was never set up when you select the corporate calender. Also I have had to delete all my personal e-mail accounts because the Droid started mixing up headers and the bodies of e-mails, both received and ones I replied to, between accounts. I had to delete the corporate account and set it back up yesterday because it started mixing up headers and bodies of e-mails within the corporate e-mail account. Anyone know what is going on, or experienced similar issues?

I have experienced precisely the same problem since purchasing my Motorola Droid in February. I have sought help from Verizon numerous times. On each occasion the help staffers claimed they have never experienced this issue. Early on it was suggested that I needed to upgrade to the $44/month data plan notwithstanding initial assurances that the cheaper plan would work. I am now $15 per month poorer, but my phone continues to lose connection to the server and garble email messages. More recently, Verizon said my Droid must have a hardware problem. Before exchanging phones, I had the phone completely purged of data and rebuilt -- all for nought. Before smashing it with a hammer and switching to AT&T and the i-phone, I decided to do some forum research. Based on your experience and the threads of others, this is an issue that has been noted for months. Therefore, I am optimistic that a fix has been or soon will be devised.

Last edited:

jsmeyerjr

Reaction score
Update - Disconnect

I have experienced precisely the same problem since purchasing my Motorola Droid in February. I have sought help from Verizon numerous times. On each occasion the help staffers claimed they have never experienced this issue. Early on it was suggested that I needed to upgrade to the $44/month data plan notwithstanding initial assurances that the cheaper plan would work. I am now $15 per month poorer, but my phone continues to lose connection to the server and garble email messages. More recently, Verizon said my Droid must have a hardware problem. Before exchanging phones, I had the phone completely purged of data and rebuilt -- all for nought. Before smashing it with a hammer and switching to AT&T and the i-phone, I decided to do some forum research. Based on your experience and the threads of others, this is an issue that has been noted for months. Therefore, I am optimistic that a fix has been or soon will be devised.

I just spent 30 frustrating minutes on the telephone with a Motorola technician. It turns out I was naive to think that Motorola would have devised a clear-cut fix to this significant issue. Instead, they have punted the cure to third-party applications providers, such as "Touchdown" and "k-9mail." I tried Touchdown a few weeks ago. It worked flawlessly for about 5 days, before spontaneously disconnecting. I suppose I shall give k-9mail a try; but the i-phone is looking more and more attactive. This is a shame, because there are many superior features on the Droid, such as Google maps/directions and voice search. But the convenience of the features that work has been far outweighed by the countless hours I have spent trying to find out how to make the phone's core features (calendar and email) function reliably.
Jsmeyerjr

rkeller62

Reaction score
I am sorry to hear you are having these issues. I have been connected to my corporate exchange server since I got my phone in early December and not had a single instance of this.

It seems to me that if Touchdown had the same problem as the stock email app then the problem may either be hardware related or some setting of some kind on your exchange activesync server causing the issue.

R1Lover

Reaction score
It's a phone issue, we use exchange at work and have many many droids... not all of them do it.. but about 30% of them do....

I just moved to the incredible and have to be honest with you, if you use exchange you will love the incredible... so much better exchange interface.

wmeyer

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid and have had no issues with Exchange Active Sync. However, a friend of mine purchased the Droid Incredible and cannot sync with his calendar (we are both on the same Exchange Server) because he keeps getting a "Connection Socket Timeout" error. Anybody come across this yet?

itzkr0me

Reaction score
It's a phone issue, we use exchange at work and have many many droids... not all of them do it.. but about 30% of them do....

I just moved to the incredible and have to be honest with you, if you use exchange you will love the incredible... so much better exchange interface.

Agreed, with the exception of selecting multiple items for delete. That's my only issue. Other than that, the HTC's exchange capabilities are closer to RIM's solution.

R1Lover

Reaction score

Agreed, with the exception of selecting multiple items for delete. That's my only issue. Other than that, the HTC's exchange capabilities are closer to RIM's solution.

I agree.... what I do now is hit menu, more, move, then you can multi select and move to deleted items.

Mudroom

Reaction score
Droid loses and reloads all emails

In my case: Droid is about 2 weeks old, is synching with an Exchange email address, calendar, contacts etc. About 2 X per week it will apparently lose all the emails and reload them. It starts giving me dozens of notifications as it reloads. When I look at it I see the emails from 10 days ago, then 9 days ago etc.

I don't have to re-setup the account or anything, it does it all by itself.

Does this sound like the same problem? Any suggestions?