Exchange server email

nathan56989

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me out. I just switched from UD 2.5 to 3.1.1. Now my work email which is on an exchange server keeps poppng up with a notification telling me it need to be set as the device administrator , and that I have to set a password to unlock my phone each time i turn the screen on. I however do not want this feature. Is there any way to deactivate it through the phone, or is this something that is dictated by the email server. With 2.5 I did not have this problem nor did it ever ask for a password to be set.

mikebaltierra

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me out. I just switched from UD 2.5 to 3.1.1. Now my work email which is on an exchange server keeps poppng up with a notification telling me it need to be set as the device administrator , and that I have to set a password to unlock my phone each time i turn the screen on. I however do not want this feature. Is there any way to deactivate it through the phone, or is this something that is dictated by the email server. With 2.5 I did not have this problem nor did it ever ask for a password to be set.

I have had nothing but issues with the default email app and gingerbread roms....but never have seen this issue

i have been using Secure EAS and its working great. I suggest trying it out

Kaiken

Reaction score
I'm using secure eas. How do you disable the security feature?

Renapd

Reaction score
If you are using a personal phone and don't mind circumventing the security policies of your company, google gingerbread + email.apk. There are a few links with modded stock emails apps that bypass the pin. I use it with a pattern lock on my phone and it works fine.

OP
N

nathan56989

Reaction score
I downloaded EAS and went through the setup. It came to a screen after it came up and said this account requires it control some of the security features on this phone, that had five or six check boxes. I checked one of the two security boxes that said use local security, and boom goes the dynamite!!! works like a charm. Don't have to put a password in to unlock your phone, not getting the stupid notification stating to setup the security on the phone or anyhting.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully this helps you as well Kaiken.