Exchange mail- will send but not receive, no calendar or contacts sync

abbyt

Reaction score
Yesterday morning, I woke up and checked my Droid for emails. I had no new ones, which is odd, considering there are a couple regular ones I get overnight. It occurred to me that, though I'd had my Droid in hand all day the day before, (surfing the web, cruising Facebook, etc.) that it had been awfully quiet regarding emails. I looked in my inbox, and discovered that the last email timestamp was around 11:30am Sunday morning. (emails set to push)

Power down Droid
Power up Droid
Press the sync button...no new emails

Boot up my laptop, open outlook- and up pops about a dozen emails. At this time, I see my Droid has an email notification for the new mail.

Hmmm...that's weird. I closed outlook on my laptop, opened gmail on my Droid, and sent a test message back to the gmail account, and to the exchange account. I got the gmail email back instantly...but no email through the exchange account.

Now I sent an email from the exchange account back to the exchange account and to the gmail account. Oh wow! Exchange sent the email just fine- I received it on my gmail account almost immediately. I did not receive it on my exchange account, though.

Opened outlook back up on my laptop and both test emails were there in my inbox, and shortly thereafter, popped up on my Droid.

So....I deleted the exchange account, cycled power, and recreated/reconfigured it. Same behavior. I then did a factory reset. Same behavior-but now all my contacts and my calendar entries are gone.

I called Verizon, told them all the above, they had me remove and reconfigure the account one more time with them on the phone, and basically told me I was out of luck, and that it was an exchange issue on my end.

FroYo 2.2 FRG22D

Recap:
Email will not receive, unless laptop booted up and Outlook open
Email will send
Existing Exchange Contacts will not sync (did not try to add new entries)
Existing Exchange Calendar will not sync (did not yet try to add new entries)

We're running MS SBS Exchange Server 2003
There have been NO changes or updates to the server for the past week
There have been no changes to my laptop for the past week (other than running some programs for my job that I've always done)
Even when things were working well previously to Sunday, my Droid always sync'd directly with the server- never directly with my laptop Outlook,

I received some updates to some apps recently, but I cannot remember which ones- and even if so, I do not believe any of them happened on Sunday...but I can't be certain.

I reinstalled the long version of the FroYo build above. Same behavior.

I downloaded the trial version of Touchdown. Same behavior.

Our IT manager is working on this with me, but in the past, I've usually been the one configuring phones for our employees right along with her. She confirmed all my settings on outlook on my laptop (even though I had not made any changes and even though I'd not run updates in over a week, nor had she done so on the server end).

Next, she's going to take her Droid and configure my exchange account on it...in the hopes that we'll either reproduce the issue (problem is on the exchange end) or we won't (problem possibly with the phone). If she can't recreate, then we'll configure her exchange account on my hardware and see how that goes, too.

Just to recap, when it stopped working Sunday, there was nothing significant that I did either to my laptop (which was in my briefcase all weekend) OR my phone- other than not being sure about the last time I updated various apps in the Market. I'd think that a hard reset would have taken care of that, though...and before all my apps reinstalled repopulated on the phone, email was still broken.

Does anybody have any clue whatsoever? I'm pretty tech savvy, especially with smartphones / pda phones / pocket-sized computers with cell abilities...but I'm completely stumped on this one.

Help? Pretty please?

dtr

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out anything? I'm having a similar problem and my IT person said that everyone with Droid phones was having this problem. He recommended going back to a Blackberry. I don't really want to, but I've got to be able to get my emails on my phone. Can't understand why it was working and just stopped?

joelbman

Reaction score
BUMP. I am working with a coworkers Droid 2 that is exhibiting the SAME problems exactly. The funny thing it, it worked fine until last week. Not sure if an update came out or something that has locked him out?

Can send emails but not receive.

Calendar events do not load.

Contacts have loaded up just fine.

Thanks!

miggy077

Reaction score
Same prob but reversed

I can receive exchange emails via corporate sync but I cannot send them. Every time I try to send a few minutes later I get a "message send failed" alert.

Any tips?

Thanks!

mmmcc99

Reaction score
Similar problem. Corporate sync on my new Droid2 was working perfectively until this past weekend. Both Calendar and Contacts continue to sync and display but I can no longer receive e-mails. I can send e-mails through the corporate account on my phone to outside e-mail providers as well as to my corporate account. However all folders say 'No messages' . Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.

raremind

Reaction score