Exchange Calendar Invites

SteveIsaacs

Reaction score
Got my work email hooked up on the Droid, fine.
Added my exchange info to the "Corporate Calendar" app, and ...not so fine.

I get double instances of meetings showing, and what's worse, when I get a meeting invite via email, there is no accept/invite button (!!!) what the hell is this? This can't be the way it is...

Ran a test: sent myself a meeting invite.
1) Again, no accept/decline button on the email
2) The meeting shows up on my calendar, and has buttons for accepting and declining THERE, but that makes no sense. PLUS, all the existing meetings I've accepted on another computer show as "unaccepted".

WTF?

If this is a big Droid nightmare, I HAVE to take this phone back.

DroidCody

Reaction score
Exchange Email

I've seen the same issues with the base email app on the Droid. I'm not sure what they were thinking when they designed the meeting invite software for Exchange. Clearly troublesome. I've tried Touchdown and it works better for email and calendar, but the contacts don't seem to integrate on Android 2.0. I also tried RoadSync and it initially installed, and Invites and Calendars work much better with that software, but I was having Google Contacts/ Exchange Contact issues (Duplicates) running with it. So I reset the entire phone and attempted to reinstall RoadSync and now it just keep crashing. So I went back to the base email app and I'm now living with the calendar issues again.

One other thing that the base Exchange Application doesn't do is allow you to file emails into folders. Roadsync and Touchdown both allow that.

I can only hope that Motorola and Verizon get this crap fixed quickly or the Droid will not be a phone we can recommend to our Verizon users (across my corporation).

ryanc2

Reaction score
I've tried Touchdown and it works better for email and calendar, but the contacts don't seem to integrate on Android ).

There is an option in Touchdown to integrate contacts from Exchange into local droid contacts (within phone app). It is turned off by default.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This has been talked about alot, and i believe is on the agenda of getting fixed on the update on the 11th.