Evo got an update to help battery, will this phone?

lizm

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if this battery it ok? Also does this battery stick out and make the phone bigger? Thanks
NEW BATTERY FOR HTC DROID INCREDIBLE VERIZON 1500mAH - eBay (item 160450366886 end time Jul-29-10 08:15:34 PDT)

I can't speak to that exact one but i bought this set of two batteries plus charger for $10 including shipping and they work great and fit into the phone the same way the stock battery does.

2x BATTERY + CHARGER FOR VERIZON HTC DROID INCREDIBLE - eBay (item 250637825293 end time Jul-22-10 01:52:41 PDT)

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
If I could a word about the battery.

It is what it is. Any update they send out to improve the battery will not be much help, in other words it's not going to go from you needing to charge it twice a day to once every other day. More then likely it will be hardly noticeable.

The reason for this is that smart phones, at least the one's I have used are battery hogs. Your best solution is to pick up a spare battery on Amazon for a few dollars, get an additional charger and a docking station.

The idea that the battery will vastly improve because of an OTA update is more science fiction then reality.

If at the very least, it allowed to phone to charge fully without having to unplug it 3 times, then I consider that a reason worthy of an update.

Durango_Boy

Reaction score
Yes, it does more simutaneously than the previous phones, BUT I also have a Droid (wife's using it now) and it has essentially the exact same configuration as the Inc and it's battery last 2-3 times longer than the Inc.

Same configuration? Really?

Not bashing droids by any means but it's power consumption is a LOT lower for a lot of reasons. First off the processor runs about half the speed of an Incredible.

Not to mention things like how powerful the phone radio is, if it has a stronger signal in weaker areas, that boost costs more power. Same for better range wireless, they cost more power.

Point is simple, the Droid, while still an amazing phone, doesn't have a lot of the newer speeds and features the Incredible has so it's going to use at least half the power the Incredible does.

Last edited:

Darkseider

Reaction score
Yes, it does more simutaneously than the previous phones, BUT I also have a Droid (wife's using it now) and it has essentially the exact same configuration as the Inc and it's battery last 2-3 times longer than the Inc.

Same configuration? Really?

Not bashing droids by any means but it's power consumption is a LOT lower for a lot of reasons. First off the processor runs about half the speed of an Incredible. Second, the Droid display is lower res so the higher res display of the Incredible requires more power to function.

Not to mention things like how powerful the phone radio is, if it has a stronger signal in weaker areas, that boost costs more power. Same for better range wireless, they cost more power.

Point is simple, the Droid, while still an amazing phone, doesn't have a lot of the newer speeds and features the Incredible has so it's going to use at least half the power the Incredible does.

Droid has a higher resolution that the Incredible. Where the Incredible is 800x480 the Droid is 854x480 both on a 3.7" screen. Also note that the Incredible, launch models, have AMOLED screens which supposedly use LESS battery than the Droids LCD screen.

As for clock speeds. Correct a stock Moto Droid runs at 550 Mhz and an Incredible runs at 1 Ghz. Though that doesn't mean a Droid cannot be rooted and overclocked to 1 Ghz which is not mentioned in the post.

Durango_Boy

Reaction score
Edited above post for accuracy. Double checked and I was mistaken, probably remembering display specs from a different phone with a 3.7" display.

Thanks for the correction.

OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score
At the end of day evo got an update to help its battery and the incredible didn't, that's the point of the thread

CrazyJek

Reaction score
Check this.

I tried that battery fix by turning the phone on and off and on and off while charging it.

Well it works. This means that there is a software bug preventing my phone from reaching its maximum charge. I can get my phone to run all day on stock battery... but if it can go further with a software fix then yes i will ***** for this update. I understand that these phones draw a lot of juice, but im not getting all the juice i should.

When i reach full charge, the lil green light comes on. It stops charging. I turn off and plug in. Light turns orange and continues to charge for an additional 25 minutes. Light turned green. I turn on, let it load, then turn it off and plug it back in. Turns orange and proceeds to charge for another 20 minutes. I was able to replicate this 4 more times before it stayed green for good.

Let me tell you... with the stock battery and more then my average usage... it lasted about 35% longer.

This however is not a permanent fix as i have to keep doing this to get the full charge.

So the fact that the EVO got an update before us is really unfair. There is obviously a problem with the software if im not getting my maximum charge. And i refuse to spend money for another battery when a full charge on this one would be more then sufficient for me. THAT, is the point of this thread.

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
i know this is a bit off topic, but i didnt not want to start another thread for this and couldnt find a more suitable one to post this in. so please excuse me, i'll just say it here. today is my second day with ATK uninstalled (i used to use it every single time i went to the home screen on my phone) and my second day using launcherpro beta as well. yesterday, i didnt notice much of a decrease in battery life at all, much to my surprise as i expected battery life to drop dramatically. today is even better, and after almost six hours im at 73% battery life. the only strange thing is, when i checked what was using the battery, i got "android system" using 96% of it, "phone idle" using 2% and "cell standy" using 2%. does this not seem strange?

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
"Android system" is the operating system. So if you are using your phone more than it sits, then yes it should be normal.

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
man still same percentages of battery use, im at a little over 10hours uptime and still at 48%, pretty good :)