Every time I watch videos, the soft keys are always lit up, can I change it?

GSdub510

Reaction score
It's distracting when watching a video and the back, home, menu, and search buttons are lit up. everything is stock on my Razr Maxx.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The soft keys are triggered by the light sensor on the upper left corner of the display. As far as I know, there is isn't work around for this.... as it gets darker, it kicks the lighting on.

Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

Sparkimus

Reaction score
Try using the app Screen Filter. It allows you to turn the button lights on or off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Try using the app Screen Filter. It allows you to turn the button lights on or off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Just a warning, screen filter caused a strange problem on my phone that was 100% reproducible. It would prevent apps downloaded off other sites and saved to the SD card from installing. Apps from the market (i.e. Play Store) still installed normally. Also apps backed up and then attempted to install would not. The install button would be grayed out. If I went into app manager and stopped screen filter, the apps would then install normally.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
FoxKat said:
Just a warning, screen filter caused a strange problem on my phone that was 100% reproducible. It would prevent apps downloaded off other sites and saved to the SD card from installing. Apps from the market (i.e. Play Store) still installed normally. Also apps backed up and then attempted to install would not. The install button would be grayed out. If I went into app manager and stopped screen filter, the apps would then install normally.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

I think they fixed that problem in an update. I have used it in awhile, but seem to recall it being fixed...

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

jetman36

Reaction score
An app I use for playing video files off memory in the phone is MX Player. It's got both a free ad supported version and paid. Works great with an option to force the soft key lights off during playback. It also plays every format I can throw at it. Worth a look.