Evernote Widget on ICS

BKApple

Reaction score
I'm running ICS on my RAZR MAXX and I'm a heavy Evernote user. Today, I tried clicking on a note in the widget and got this message: "This is the old widget. Choose an 'Evernote Widget' to place the new one on the home screen." I downloaded the Evernote Widget, but the only available widget in my widget app tray is the old one. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but to no avail. Then I reinstalled the widget first then Evernote and I got as far as being able to get the widget on the homescreen, but not with 100% functionality. The buttons on the top row [new note, snapshot, etc.] worked, but the notes thumbnails wouldn't load.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas on how I can get the widget to work?

Thanks!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've had this issue with skitch... manage apps, all, evernote, clear cache, clear data... force stop

This cleared up my issue.

Hope it helps :)

OP
BKApple

BKApple

Reaction score
Thanks for responding! I tried that, but it didn't work. I get the Evernote Widget app widgets when I download that app first, but I get an error on the app reading there was an error loading notes. It prompts me to uninstall and reinstall the widget app. When I do that, I don't even get the Evernote Widget app widgets in the widgets tray, just the Evernote ones. Annoying...

BaSHa

Reaction score
I have the maxx and use Evernote all the time, it is an awesome app and have never had any problems with it or the widget.

I just tried it again to make sure it was still working.

Btw I am using the dark theme for the widget, just in case that helps any. Wish I could help more!