Essential Looking Into Andy Rubin's Inappropriate Relationship at Google

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
andy-rubin-jpg.78101

It looks like the tech world is not immune to the inappropriate behavior of Hollywood. The CEO of Essential, Andy Rubin, has taken a leave of absence after a report of the circumstances surrounding his 2014 Google departure have been made public. According to this report Andy Rubin left the company after an investigation found that he had an "inappropriate relationship" with a female coworker who had filed a complaint with HR.

The relationship is not detailed in the report. Mike Sitrick, Andy Rubin's spokesperson, denies connection. According to Sitrick any relationship Rubin had at Google was consensual and Google never informed Rubin that he had engaged in any misconduct. Rubin informed Essential staff of his departure on Monday.

Rubin left the Android department in 2013 to work for Google's robotics department. The HR investigation into the "inappropriate relationship" wasn't until 2014. Google has a policy of diclosing relationships in the workplace so that one of those involved can be moved to another department. Seeing as Rubin moved to a different department a year before the investigation it doesn't to be related. Essential representatives have not made an official response.

via TheVerge

Attachments

• andy-rubin.jpg
    andy-rubin.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,846

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow.

This is the first time I got a chance to read more into the details. When I saw the article (on other sites) I was thinking it was some inappropriate sharing of secrets or something. But if the above allegations are true that phone and company will be done. And given the current climate I am thinking it is already done. Companies are not going to want the bad pub for backing this and considering how poor the essential ph-1 sales have been doing, this will give backers the excuse to pull the plug sooner.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
He was using his Essential phone and sending inappropriate texts to Pixel owners. "Wanna see something really sexy?" Sends pic of Essential Phone.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Wow.

This is the first time I got a chance to read more into the details. When I saw the article (on other sites) I was thinking it was some inappropriate sharing of secrets or something. But if the above allegations are true that phone and company will be done. And given the current climate I am thinking it is already done. Companies are not going to want the bad pub for backing this and considering how poor the essential ph-1 sales have been doing, this will give backers the excuse to pull the plug sooner.

he might be done but I don't think the company will be. depends who is in the batters box.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
What does inappropriate relationship mean exactly? Does it mean she was a subordinate and they dated, then when they broke it off, she got pissed, and complained to HR? Or does it mean he used his power and influence in the company to demand things of her that were not business related?

I would caution us not to lump him in the same basket at Weinstein and Trump.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What does inappropriate relationship mean exactly? Does it mean she was a subordinate and they dated, then when they broke it off, she got pissed, and complained to HR? Or does it mean he used his power and influence in the company to demand things of her that were not business related?

I agree but just because we don't lump him in the names you mentioned, doesn't mean stockholders won't.

This could all just blow over or in this current climate where we are hearing about a different issue every day, companies are going to distance themselves at the slightest of controversy whether the person is guilty or innocent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
He wanted her to Switch from iOS to Andy(roid) for him. After she did he Left Google and she was upset that now she was locked in a 2 yr Contract with Verizon for a Phone she really didn't want.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score

Google’s HR division conducted an investigation into Rubin after a complaint and found that he maintained an “inappropriate relationship” with a subordinate while at the Internet giant. Google policy forbids a romantic relationship between supervisors and subordinates, and Google’s investigation apparently concluded that “Rubin’s behavior was improper and showed bad judgement.

All he had to do is play favorites with his subordinate and he is done.
The whole essential phone could just be a cover up for his romantic relationship with Goodle employee.