Errors when downloading from Market

Fabric8r

Reaction score
I usually get either of these two errors when downloading from the Market:
~Page file invalid. (Don't have a clue what that means)
~Insufficient storage. (I have a new Droid 3 with little on it, so this doesn't make any sense)

Any advice?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

vegasblitz

Reaction score
I get that also when downloading multiple updates I just redownload and it works

REMilk

Reaction score
There are a couple of things to try.

First, try to download again. If it works, then do not worry about it.

You may have filled up a cache area for the download/install routine and the cache needs to be cleared out. One way to clear the cache is to power the phone off, then power it back on. Another is to download a cache cleaner app.

Bob

OP
F

Fabric8r

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions REMilk, tried them, still get the messages (mostly I get the "Package File Invalid" error) but not quite as often.

I powered off the phone. Even did the battery removal to reboot.
I cleared my cache, but prior to doing so, it was at 96.8% free anyway.

Still not able to update a few apps, but did get the others updated.

OP
F

Fabric8r

Reaction score
Here we go again..."page file error", then I try updating again: "package file error", so I try it again: "Insufficient space available". What a joke...I'm ready to chuck this Droid 3 where it belongs-in the toilet!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe it is simply a bug in the Market app, or the package installer program.

People are reporting it on other devices, including some HTC models running the latest Cyanogenmod.

Probably a bug in the AOSP code.

nu2droid

Reaction score
Sometimes with the no room error you can go to settings, manage apps and select the market. Force close it, clear cache. Then try again. (You will have to accept terms again), wait a few to resynce the apps.

Also are you rooted? If so, go into titanium back. Look for the market and see if to the right of it if it says "updated" in white letters. If it does, long press it and choose integrate into rom.

I have had these issues before and the above usually fixes them for me.
Hope it helps.

REMilk

Reaction score
For the package file error, make sure you are updating the app from the same market where you originally picked it up. Whenever I have an app I installed from Amazon and try to update it from the App Market, I get the package file error.

Just a thought.
Bob

ChrisPCB

Reaction score
I have noticed the space issue for some apps that I have moved from the phone to the storage area. Usually moving those back to the phone allows the update to complete sucessfully. I simply move it back to storage when it is done updating.