Erratic touch screen?

Trever1t

Reaction score
I got a really weird one here. During the day I have no issues entering text, scrolling menus etc but at night, when I am resting, say around 10pm the screens act all erratic. When scrolling menus the screen jumps all around and text entry? wow, forget about it, letters and numbers jumping all over make texting very difficult. Now this only occurs in the evening when I am laying down...weird huh?

Anyone else?

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Is your phone plugged into the charger during the erratic moments? I notice this sometimes when I use mine while charging. Also if I just wash my hands and clean my screen it will do it also. Not sure why but it seems to be more accurate when the screen has fingerprints all over it.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

BuckyN8

Reaction score
I have the same problem but only when it is plugged in. I am assuming you have yours plugged in since it only happens at night.

OP
Trever1t

Trever1t

Reaction score
YES! The DB is plugged in to a wall charger when it does this! I am using the D1 wall charging unit...can't imagine it's different but I will try it tonight with the supplied charger and see if I get a different result.

THX for the responses!

Redbaron134

Reaction score
I've had the same issue using the supplied wall charger but I can say it only happens when plugged in.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Trever I would say the D1 Charger is your problem. Let us know how it goes tonight with the supplied charger.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Agreed. Some phones get super picky on the charger.

My Moms Pro is like this but Dads X isn't.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Trever1t

Trever1t

Reaction score
well...strange as it is that D1 charger does appear to be the culprit although physically they appear identical.

capt46wfd

Reaction score
I have the same problem but only when it is plugged in. I am assuming you have yours plugged in since it only happens at night.

same here.....actually tried a generic charger from walmart to use at work and it flat out locked up my phone, though it would charge the phone. I returned the walmart charger and bought an "extra" charger from verizon with the 9 ft cord to use at home, so I can talk while charging and keep the factory charger at the fire station to use at night. Sometimes the keys get erratic while using the verizon charger, but I've found that if I unplug the phone and plug it back in, it resolves the erratic key behavior.

Aberger

Reaction score
Having similar touch screen issue

I am having a similar issue to yours except It happens at random times during the day none of which are when it is charging, I have had the bionic for three days now and it had started happening the morning after I bought it, I charged it the night before using the charging dock that comes with the extra battery. Most of the time what happens is the notification bar at the top will start to pull down on its own and the screen will be unresponsive to any touching. I had the same issue with my previous droid which was the original but that was much more extreme as it would go to webpages, download files, make calls, store contacts, and even send texts all on its own. Never saw anything like it that is why I ended up buying a new phone and now im scared the same thing is happening. Is this a common problem droids?

dodgerblue

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my DROID3. It only acts up when its plugged into the charger, and only on the lock screen....
I'm using the charger that came with the phone.
Is it a Moto issue? Doesn't bother me too much....just adding my 2 pennies...

Edit: It only does it when fully charged and plugged in.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Must be a Moto issue. This was the entire reason I got a new Bionic. I had to unplug my phone from the charger if I ever wanted to text. And it still happens so this must be a software issue on Motorola's part.