eris one touch rooting

nathan56989

Reaction score
I'm attempting to root an HTC eris with one touch root app. I boot into recovery and per the instructions you are supposed to scroll down to flash zip from sd card. However I cannot scroll with any botton on the phone nor can I select it using the touch screen. The track ball does nothing either. Its stuck on "reboot system now" I can press the track ball and select the reboot option but I cannot scroll down flash zip. I have searched and cannot find anything. I'm not familiar with the eris but aqm familiar with rooting, but no buttons on this phone let's me select or move the cursor.

seanydizzley

Reaction score
I'm attempting to root an HTC eris with one touch root app. I boot into recovery and per the instructions you are supposed to scroll down to flash zip from sd card. However I cannot scroll with any botton on the phone nor can I select it using the touch screen. The track ball does nothing either. Its stuck on "reboot system now" I can press the track ball and select the reboot option but I cannot scroll down flash zip. I have searched and cannot find anything. I'm not familiar with the eris but aqm familiar with rooting, but no buttons on this phone let's me select or move the cursor.

You shouldn't have to flash into recovery to use the one touch root app. You should just unzip the file and install the APK with a program such as astro file manager. Then just run the app from the app drawer while the phone is on.
That's how I've done it the past three times.

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
On all the phones ive seen its volume controls to scroll and power to select

OP
N

nathan56989

Reaction score
Well if you could give me your step by step way that would be great. I was just following the instuction. From the link where I got the app.

Regardless his trackball won't scroll down on anything, so its not just a problem with the app its the actual trackball.

seanydizzley

Reaction score
Well if you could give me your step by step way that would be great. I was just following the instuction. From the link where I got the app.

Regardless his trackball won't scroll down on anything, so its not just a problem with the app its the actual trackball.

My bad.
Okay I download the app.
Unzip the file to my SD card.
Use Astro to install the app.
Run the app.
After reboot, boot to recovery... Sorry I forgot about that step.
Run the Rootme zip.

The only issue I see with your phone is that the trackball is broken. If that's the case, don't root it and get it replaced.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Track ball is not broken. It is a common issue. Unplug your USB cable from the computer. Plug the other end into your phone. Start about half way in, and try the track ball. If it doesn't work, push the plug in a little farther.