Eris like contact lists/abilities on Moto Droid

phatkat66

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app or a way to use the Moto Droids contact list the same way as the Eris? On the Eris you can look up your contact from your contacts list on facebook and sync them together, giving you their default picture as their caller ID picture in your contacts list.

I would love to know if anyone knows of a way to do this or what app does something like this. Thanks:icon_ banana:

taypotts

Reaction score
You can sync your FB contacts with your phone contacts on the Droid. Kinda confused on what you are wanting here...

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
Thats what I want, but can you tell me how I been looking through my contact lists for the option but I can't find it.

taypotts

Reaction score
Click on your contact that you want to sync
Hit the Menu Key then Edit Contact
Hit Menu Key again then Join

If the contact is close in name it will automatically pull it up to choose. Hope this helps.

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
Actually I just found it, lol feelin pretty silly but when I try to sync my fb to the list it says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" is that something on my end or Facebooks?

taypotts

Reaction score
Probably on FB, make sure your sync settings are turned on in your settings.

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
My gmail account is synced fully with contacts, calendar, and gmail without a problem, so im assuming my sync settings are turned on?

taypotts

Reaction score
Yeah they are, but go to settings then Accounts and sync to make sure. If they are on then probably just on FB's end

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
my friend has an eris and he's right next to me, he syncs with fb without a problem, would deleting my fb account and re-adding it help at all?

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
Removing the account and re-adding it did the trick for me, Im thinking about backing up my contact list and wiping it out completely and then re-adding from scratch i have 10yrs worth of numbers and i dont even call 10 ppl id like to have my contacts full of pictures and info making it more useful to me lol

Thanks for your help! greatly appreciate the quick responses!