Env2or3 keyboard to Droid

qoncept

Reaction score
IMO the Droid keyboard is complete garbage. I'm actually much more comfortable with the on screen keyboard even in portrait mode.

LordKastle

Reaction score
I think the Droid keyboard is the best physical keyboard ever created...beyond being functional [I use it 97% of the time]... it is sleek and stealth. Every keyboard including the Envy looks like a toddler's toy and most of the other ones have big, blocky, plastic looking buttons. There is a reason why a lot of phones now have gone all virtual...

Thank you Motorola for your planning of this keyboard.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
I think the Droid keyboard is the best physical keyboard ever created...beyond being functional [I use it 97% of the time]... it is sleek and stealth. Every keyboard including the Envy looks like a toddler's toy and most of the other ones have big, blocky, plastic looking buttons. There is a reason why a lot of phones now have gone all virtual...

Thank you Motorola for your planning of this keyboard.

wow I think you are the first to absolutely love the keyboard. I think it is just a matter of what you are used to. I don't think the droid kb is bad its just so many people are used to a more spread out kb with bigger buttons. I bet if everyone came back on here in a few months and did an update they would like their kb. That is I hope that's the case.

nothing0

Reaction score
Droid has a physical KB?
lol I can't use the physical KB. I'm starting to get used to the touch KB and can text fairly fast in landscape mode. You will get used to it.. won't take long.

P8ntballer789

Reaction score
like others i came from the enV 1,2 and 3. droid being my first smartphone. To be honest i like the enV keyboard more but the droids isnt bad. Only part i miss is the numbers on top of the keyboard. You have to hit alt then the number you want. I personally like the virtual keyboard in landscape. its very quick and auto corrects for you :) I HIGHLY recommend the droid and you'll like it.

qoncept

Reaction score
I played with my wife's env3 keyboard a bit last night. Better than the Droid, but my old Blackberry Curve was still much better. The biggest problem with the Droid keyboard is just that the phone is too wide, and I really think the d-pad and chin should have been on opposite ends. I can only reach the L key comfortably with my right hand, and using my left for everything else is pretty unnatural.

I don't think the droid kb is bad its just so many people are used to a more spread out kb with bigger buttons.
After using the Curve (half as wide-ish), I don't think the Droid keyboard is too cramped at all. If anything it's too wide. The main problem is the keys themselves just suck. No depth and I can't tell what I'm pressing when I'm looking at them. I could type on my Blackberry without looking.

I bet if everyone came back on here in a few months and did an update they would like their kb. That is I hope that's the case.
I wonder how people are holding it. I haven't found a good way. I'm assuming it's because there is no good way, but hopefully I'm wrong. I doubt I'll change my mind, though, because I just never use it.

Last edited: