Env2or3 keyboard to Droid

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has come from the env2 or 3 and if so, how has it been adjusting to the droids keyboard compared to the env's? I know the keys are more closer together but other that how do you feel about the droids keyboard? Has it been a tough adjustment or an easy one? I have a env2 so just wondering how long it takes to get used to the droids if at all? Thanks in advance.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I came from the enV to the Droid and I liked the enV keyboard a lot better. I miss the numeric row of keys and the ease of hitting the keys on the top row. However, I still like the Droid, but I would love to have the enV keyboard. I don't do a lot of typing, so I can live with it considering all that the Droid gives me. It is a pain to type in alpha-numeric passwords.

phoenixdroid

Reaction score
I have finally gotten then hang of the droid keyboard. Not bad, but my env2 easily blows it away. It would be my dreamphone if they could put the env keyboard on the droid lol. But seriously, just takes a little getting used to.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
I have finally gotten then hang of the droid keyboard. Not bad, but my env2 easily blows it away. It would be my dreamphone if they could put the env keyboard on the droid lol. But seriously, just takes a little getting used to.

Ya I love the keyboard on my env2. That is one thing im not looking forward to losing. I tried the droid keyboard in the store and it felt a little crammed. Now that you have been away from the env2 do you still miss the keyboard or are you totally used to the droid one now?

Erich_F

Reaction score
ENV2 to Droid here, too. Yeah, I miss the ENV2 KB. Do I miss the ENV2? HECK NO! It was a great phone, though. I agree, the dream package is the Droid with an ENV2 KB.

I do fine with the KB on the Droid, and am glad it has it. I wouldn't get a smartphone without a physical KB. I like to use forums for various disciplines, and often type replies on my Droid. I have a couple different techniques for typing, some faster than others, some more accurate. My favorite is holding the Droid by the back in my left hand, and do all the typing with my right index finger. I have since learned to use my right ring finger to handle the right side of the KB when using this technique.

It's like going from a grand piano to a Casio electric keyboard :) A little off at first, but that Casio KB can do a lot more than the Grand Piano.

hipkik

Reaction score
I'd recommend playing the text speed game in the market, I came from the Motorola Napoleon and can match my pc keyboard speed lol

astscott

Reaction score
came from the first env to droid i miss my top row:(
just got the droid lets see how it feels

jahtv98

Reaction score
Love the Droid, I've had since it was released last month. I HATE the keyboard, with a passion! hahaha honestly I do. I came from Blackberry backgroud, I got used to have a "popped out" keyboard where you can feel the keys. The KB on the droid is too flat and cant feel them at all. I actually dont use the KB at all. I feel more comfortable using the touch screen (they are both flat so I rather use the touch screen)

Just my 2 cents

styx

Reaction score
I too came from the EnV 1. (orange yet) :) With this Droid KB I am constantly screwing up. But, the main reason I went with the Droid was the physical KB. So, hopefully I'll get the hang of it.
The other day I was watching a kid that sat next to me at a hockey game typing on his on-screen KB and he was flyin'. I was amazed!

Erich_F

Reaction score
I sure would like to see the Droids that came out the first two weeks. I keep hearing how flat the keys are. Mine are not flat. I got my Droid the second week after release. The keys on mine are convex and somewhat elevated. I can definately feel between the keys, even with my thumbs. It sureley isn't as flat at the touchscreen like I hear some folks say.

hipkik

Reaction score
^ i think they're all the same its just how some people perceive it, and what phone/background they come from...I've had MANY phone and the droid keyboard feels the same to me and the t9 on the Nokia N93

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Ya I am used to the env keyboard so I hope I can adjust. Even if I have trouble in that department just having the Droid and what it can do will make up for it. Im sure after a while of using the droid keyboard you will get used to it and be able to go just as fast.

Zecpull

Reaction score
Had Envyy 1 2 3 and Droid keyboard is not even close..But I have been using the onscreen keyboards and Like them. sometimes they auto correct a word to something way different than what I wanted...but I Love my droid..I can not Wait until LG comes out with a Smart Droids based Phone..my Motorola will be for sale..

NickWgnr

Reaction score
I came from the Voyager to the droid and the keyboard is alot closer, the buttons weren't raised (they are slightly but not enough to make super easy typing) so overall it was alittle tricky at first to negotiate... I use the touch screen alot more though because as everyone who ever owned a voyager or newer model knows that its touch screen blew the big one. So I like having one that works very well and fluently, haha.

Wagner :motdroidvert: