Engadget reviews the Motorola Droid X

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm wow not too big at for for my tastes lol. Really looking at motoblur or "ninjablur" as engadget is calling it, I really don't think I'd mind it. It's not really a "skin" from what I've seen it feels more of just an addition. Everything still looks stock with the addition of the Motoblur functionality. Doesn't look intrusive at all imo.

I wasn't a fan of the hump at first but now I'm slowly liking the idea behind it. Perhaps it has a bigger camera sensor in it? I've seen the Nokia N8 (i think lol) and it's back protrudes a little bit due to a larger camera sensor which will make photos have better quality.

spillner

Reaction score
its seems too big, its supposed to be a phone first. Imagine holding that up to your face, it'd be like wearing a mask.

silentbob343

Reaction score
u guys are oding with this ninjablur or motoblur...watch the videos! wtf is there to complain about lol!...obviously something that isnt going to limit the device lol
It looks good but is it going to slow down OS updates? That is a the risk with a customized UI.

Reaction score
I thought Froyo would keep me happy with my Droid1 until the 2ghz beast came out, but after watching those videos I think I might just HAVE to have this phone. It's not really that huge lol, the girl in the video didnt seem to have any trouble with it, and women tend to have smaller hands than guys (as if everyone didnt already know that).

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
hmmm...I just read some of the comments on engadget lots of complaining about this being too big? I thought the beauty of android was that we got to choose which phones we wanted? Droid 2 isn't going to be 4.4"?

Droidster163

Reaction score
how much do you guys it will retail at? I'm thinking of switching to this thing!

kpenning

Reaction score
Has a TI OMAP 3630 w/ PowerVR SGX530… no wonder its so fast!! I’m liking the nice screen. Wish it was Super AMOLED, though.

I think it does have Froyo, considering the widget and the fact that the Adobe CEO will be attending the event for Verizon on June 23.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this is going to be a great phone, but I get the distinct feeling that some of you guys are going to dump this phone as soon as the next one comes out.

It's your money. I'm not telling you how to spend it, but just look at the Incredible. It's a great phone, no doubt but when Froyo leaked it kind of got shoved in the corner IMHO.

I'm hanging on to my Droid at lest until September, then I can see what's out then, what came out in the last couple of months and see if anything truly surpasses my Droid as it sits now or at that time. Who knows, Gingerbread may be out in September.

I guess I'm a little more frugal with spending my dollars on a phone. I think the next phone I'll be looking at in September more then likely will be the Motorola Droid 2. But we will see.

baniels

Reaction score
I've had my Droid since December. My wife is still stuck with her BB Curve (8330 (old)). We have different renewal times. Her's is coming up at the beginning of August. Fortunately, my wife is awesome. When I upgrade her, I get the new one and she takes my Droid.

I may have found my new device.

squeak

Reaction score
i dont need this phone. i dont need this phone. i dont need this phone. but i sure as heck want it. but i think bill nailed it, if i got it i would want whatever came out next more. i just wish i knew moto's plans, like if the 2 ghz phone is the droid pro and if it will have as huge of a screen...