"End Call" giving me issues

thefalloftroy

Reaction score
Do any of you guys have this problem where you have trouble hanging the phone up? There is no "End" button like on most phones and when I get to someones voicemail the screen is black and I have to scramble to push all sorts of buttons to get it unlocked so I can hit the end call button and I end up leaving messages I didnt want to.

Thx

kevin1016

Reaction score
Do any of you guys have this problem where you have trouble hanging the phone up? There is no "End" button like on most phones and when I get to someones voicemail the screen is black and I have to scramble to push all sorts of buttons to get it unlocked so I can hit the end call button and I end up leaving messages I didnt want to.

Thx
Your "sensor" (I don't know the fancy name) might be malfunctioning. When you pull the phone away from your ear, the screen should illuminate revealing the end call button. If yours doesn't, I'd return it.

reggin

Reaction score
Mine has done this twice now. The first time I can't remember what I did, I think I hit the power/sleep button. The second time I gave it a good shake. It worked.

Reaction score
I've had problems once in a while, but I just tap the camera button and it comes back. Usually it's fine, however. I'm sure it's a software thing that'll be ironed out.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
turn off auto dimming....and then you wont have that issue.

OP
T

thefalloftroy

Reaction score
awesome... also, i'd say 5/10 times I get a phone call, the person on the other end says "i can barely hear u, call me right back" ...

anyone else having problems like this?

reggin

Reaction score
awesome... also, i'd say 5/10 times I get a phone call, the person on the other end says "i can barely hear u, call me right back" ...

anyone else having problems like this?

I've read where voice privacy in call settings should be turned off, but I'm not having this problem and mine is turned on.

jamsesh

Reaction score
A bunch of us are having a similar (maybe same) problem with the screen going blank and not coming back on. If this sounds like you, read through the other discussion here so we can narrow down the issue.

largeselection

Reaction score
I'm definitely experiencing the phone backlight not turning on when in a phone call. I, too, have scrambled for the volume rocker/camera button to try and turn on the screen to hit the "end" button. It could be a sensor problem, but I hate to exchange this droid for another if it's a glitch.

jamsesh

Reaction score
Hey I was just talking to some people on a motorola forum. One of the guys figured out a good way to diagnose it. Download a free app called "Sensor Test," which gives you info about the accelerometer, light sensor, proximity sensor etc.

From the other forum: "In the App under "Proximity" It should show "2.14...." when nothing is being detected at the proximity sensor and "3.0' when there is. If you put your finger over the upper left corner of the Droid you should see it changing between those 2 readings as you move your finger over and away from the sensor. On mine that would work properly in a dark or dim room. I then tried the same thing with a bright light (or in the sunshine) and the sensor would get stuck on "3.0" which means it's constantly detecting something there.. even though there isn't. Which would explain why the screen dims out and never comes back. I'm not sure if everyone is having the issue only in light.. but that's the way it was for me, amongst a few other people in this thread. Hope I helped!"

I'm going to try this tomorrow to see if mine gets stuck at 3.0. Try it and see what happens!

Cheers