Encourage everyone to read this!

mad3963

Reaction score
All I see here is people calling me a name, but offer no suggestions,

Just saying one post on the matter is sufficient. If everyone double-posted because they didn't get the answer they wanted, this forum would be overflowing with useless posts. Makes searching twice as cumbersome.

If you didn't get a sufficient answer in the first post (and apparently not in this one) it just may be that no one here has the answer, or the right person has not seen it yet. Be patient.

Think before you post!

Last edited by a moderator:

BzB

Reaction score

what kind of connection/signal do you have? 3g or 1x? if you have a bad data connection, anything but 3g, this may be part of the problem and why it takes so long for YOU to download apps. do you live in the boonies somewhere? another option if you have a bad/slow data connection is to connect to wifi and then try downloading the app, should go much faster.

the only other issues i've seen with the market is where it won't accept some people's credit card information for currencies other than US dollar. haven't heard of slow downloads before.

Silverwing

Reaction score
If you can, try to get an app called Speedtest, by Ookla. You can check your upload and download speeds with that...and we can see if that is what is causing this problem. If no, we can try to further investigate and get to the bottom of this, so you can get your apps faster.

Is this issue you are having on the 3G network, or wifi? If it is only one of the two, try the other and let us know the result. Lastly, make sure you have 3G where you are....some places have only the older generation, which is significantly slower.

Let me know!

HeroNova

Reaction score
I had an issue with buying in Euros using AMEX it was a no go and I emailed Google thought I wouldnt hear back from them I did hear back took 4 days but all in all its pretty great.

Just dont buy with AMEX in other currency.

Had the same problem. Couldn't figure out what the issue was at first but then I just switched to a VISA and it worked fine.

Zippster

Reaction score
Had a couple that took a minute or so vs seconds, but on the whole they fly. :icon_ peace:

hyperlite456

Reaction score
Do you have wifi on? For some reason when I'm using wifi, my downloads aren't instantaneous. But even then, it takes less than 5 minutes for the download to start. Then it's only a matter of seconds until finished.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had an issue with buying in Euros using AMEX it was a no go and I emailed Google thought I wouldnt hear back from them I did hear back took 4 days but all in all its pretty great.

Just dont buy with AMEX in other currency.

Had the same problem. Couldn't figure out what the issue was at first but then I just switched to a VISA and it worked fine.

using a MC here...

coondogg97

Reaction score
I have had issues making purchases in foreign currency as well using a debit card. When I switch to a Visa the transaction goes right through.