Encourage everyone to read this!

micp1480

Reaction score
I have had nothing but horrible experience with GOOGLE CHECK OUT. One program took 14 hours to down load, another 18 hours, and I am currently downloading a program that is right now in its 6th hour. I guess I have anywhere from 8 hours to 12 hours to go.

The developer's all claim to have received their money immediately. I thought I was losing my mind, until I came upon this article. I encourage everyone to take the time and read this article published in PC World about GOOGLE CHECKOUT. Thank you.

Delays in Google Checkout Trigger Complaints - PC World

coolkidd

Reaction score
14hrs! What program is that? All my apps downloads instantly (no lag).

mad3963

Reaction score
I have had nothing but horrible experience with GOOGLE CHECK OUT. One program took 14 hours to down load, another 18 hours, and I am currently downloading a program that is right now in its 6th hour. I guess I have anywhere from 8 hours to 12 hours to go.

The developer's all claim to have received their money immediately. I thought I was losing my mind, until I came upon this article. I encourage everyone to take the time and read this article published in PC World about GOOGLE CHECKOUT. Thank you.

Delays in Google Checkout Trigger Complaints - PC World

I have downloaded over 200 apps (paid and free) and not had any major issues. Some were slow at times (a minute or two vs. seconds), but all eventually downloaded completely and installed with no problems.

Sounds like maybe you are having some connection speed issues(?).

Reaction score
I had an issue with buying in Euros using AMEX it was a no go and I emailed Google thought I wouldnt hear back from them I did hear back took 4 days but all in all its pretty great.

Just dont buy with AMEX in other currency.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No issues here. Everything has been fairly 'instant'. The article is dated from Aug 2006 as well.

Steeeler

Reaction score
No issues, ever! Been very happy with the process for both free and paid apps.

Randomocity

Reaction score
No issues here. Dunno why you're having so much trouble. Go in an get a replacement phone maybe?

EDIT: Please change the thread title to something more appropriate. The current title makes you sound like a troll.

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are other people that have had issues with Google Checkout... I've seen a couple threads pop up... however, a more recent article might be fitting :)

mad3963

Reaction score
Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had an account with Google before I had the Droid so purchases have been no problem. When I have a bad connection then the download can be very slow, but it still would be less than 5 minutes. Most downloads are in a few seconds.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't even notice it was the same OP.... hmmm shame on me for feeding...

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Something is wrong with your phone or your connection. Uninstall all apps and do a factory data reset and see if you still have the issue. A previously installed app could be causing problems.