Enabling boot sound

OP
O

oldschool71

Update

I have modified the build.prop and been able to get the startup sound to work but still only plays at the end of the animation. In the string that starts as:
# BEGIN Motorola, a22976, 12-Mar-2010, IKSHADOW-1784, Power Up Tone

There are seven lines of code all beginning with the # symbol. I removed all seven lines and replaced them with the following.

# BEGIN Motorola, a22976, 12-Mar-2010, IKSHADOW-1784, Power Up Tone
persist.mot.powerup.tone=/data/local/whatevertoneyouwant.ogg
# END IKSHADOW-1784

The sound you want to play needs to be placed in your phone in the /data/local folder
I have not tried to use any other format types i.e. .mp3 but the .ogg format does work

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
I have successfully done this as a theme squid2 d2 on the droid 2 by loading thr r2d2 roms bin that is where the script is to get the sound I loaded it to the 2.3.15 leak. It works flawlessly

OP
O

oldschool71

Got it working

I have been able to get bootanimations to play on my droid x with sound. I took the following steps to enable this. I used root explorer to move the files.

1. Download the attached file. This file is one that I removed from a R2D2 D2.
2. Unzip the file and save the file to your sdcard. The file is labeled bootanimation.
3. Use root explorer and go to the folder /system/bin.
4. In that folder locate the file named bootanimation and save it as bootanimation2
5. move the file that you just renamed to your sdcard
6. move the new file that you downloaded and placed on your sdcard to the folder /system/bin
7. simple as that.

You will need to make sure that what ever audio file that is assigned to your bootanimation is saved in the folder /system/media

Have to give squidlymandingo a thanks for supplying the files from the R2D2 D2. Thanks

Attachments

• bootanimationfile.zip
    22.8 KB · Views: 577

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Thanks for the props I have the r2d2 full theme in beta for the x give it a try,it has everything the droid. 2 rom has. Glad to be of help

Casen

Does the sound need to be in a certain format? And where at in the animation does it play? Does it start with the animation, or near the end? Does it loop?

OP
O

oldschool71

The sound works in mp3 and ogg formats. The desc.txt tells it when to play and for how long. Check into some posts on writing or modifying the desc.txt.

Casen

well, i made my own boot... u have a vague idea where to look for desc.txt modifications?

stevewitt

I have been able to get bootanimations to play on my droid x with sound. I took the following steps to enable this. I used root explorer to move the files.

1. Download the attached file. This file is one that I removed from a R2D2 D2.
2. Unzip the file and save the file to your sdcard. The file is labeled bootanimation.
3. Use root explorer and go to the folder /system/bin.
4. In that folder locate the file named bootanimation and save it as bootanimation2
5. move the file that you just renamed to your sdcard
6. move the new file that you downloaded and placed on your sdcard to the folder /system/bin
7. simple as that.

You will need to make sure that what ever audio file that is assigned to your bootanimation is saved in the folder /system/media

Have to give squidlymandingo a thanks for supplying the files from the R2D2 D2. Thanks
]

I followed the above instuctions to the letter and when I rebooted I had no boot animation whatsoever. Any ideas?

OP
O

oldschool71

Are you using the stock bootanimation or have you downloaded a new bootanimation? The stock bootanimation does not have sound in it and that is why I am asking.

stevewitt

Are you using the stock bootanimation or have you downloaded a new bootanimation? The stock bootanimation does not have sound in it and that is why I am asking.

I guess I'm a little confused, which boot animation should I be using with your method? Is there a boot animation with sound already in it that I should be using?

OP
O

oldschool71

You should be able to find the r2d2 bootanimation that has sound in it. I have been messing around with that one and I actually have it playing different sound clips during the boot up.

stevewitt

You should be able to find the r2d2 bootanimation that has sound in it. I have been messing around with that one and I actually have it playing different sound clips during the boot up.

I have the R2D2 boot animation.zip file. What I confused about is how does your method work with that. Where should I have the boot animation.zip and how does your method change that?