Enable USB audio on any Android 4.0 device

OP
D

DanBa

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy Note II & Ray Samuels Audio The Intruder, fully balanced amp / USB DAC:
The Intruder, Fully Balanced Amp/USB DAC - Ray Samuels Audio
MODIFIED BALANCED BEYERDYNAMIC T5p
6moons audio reviews: Balanced headphones - Part One
How Balanced Is Balanced?
Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)

Galaxy Note II > digital USB audio out >> balanced RSA Intruder USB DAC / amp >> balanced Beyerdynamic T5p

LL.jpg

LL.jpg

LL.jpg

LL.jpg

LL.jpg

LL.jpg

LL.jpg

LL.jpg

Balanced mode

LL.jpg

Normal mode

OP
D

DanBa

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy Note II & Apex Glacier USB DAC/amp:
Apex High Fi Audio Glacier
JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor | Custom In-Ear Monitors by JH Audio
Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread

Galaxy Note II > digital USB audio out >> Apex Glacier USB DAC/amp >> JH Audio JH16 Pro IEM

"Even with my DX100 , I did not get such clarity and sound-stage.
I am happier with this setup, than the DX100, alas, no 96/24 capability (android limitation...for now)
Neutron with the Glacier, are giving me the chills............................ "

LL.jpg

LL.jpg

LL.jpg

LL.jpg

LL.jpg

LL.jpg

LL.jpg

OP
D

DanBa

Reaction score
USB audio & us$99 Minix Neo X5 Android mini PC (Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, ARM Cortex A9 dual-core CPU at 1.4GHz, quad-core Mali 400 GPU, 1GB RAM, 16GB ROM, SD card slot, USB 2.0 port x 3, micro USB OTG port, optical SPDIF port, HDMI port, Ethernet port, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, IR receiver, microphone jack, headphone jack)
MiniX.us
Android Mini PC Buying Guide
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?dd...20&openflup&5&4

Minix Neo X5 > digital USB audio out >> regular USB cable (i.e. standard-A plug to standard-B plug USB cable) >> Valab DAC

"SB Touch...buh bye. Hello Android Media Box…

Plug and play USB audio support - no drivers, no snap crackle pop, no dropouts. Wow. The sound was absolutely fantastic. What a great way to consolidate my favorite streaming apps and have my ripped collection just a click away as well. All controlled remotely from the comfort of my easy chair and viewed on my big screen TV. I AM Slothman!

In summary, this was all an exercise in music listening convenience for me and obviously NOT an audiophile quest. However, I do believe that devices such as these and the applications being developed are on the verge of further revolutionizing this hobby in a big way soon. After my initial experience with this (basic) media box, I can certainly see why Logitech decided to kick the SB Touch to the curb. I hope this thread may spark a little more discussion and interest in these Android media boxes/ mini PC's. I haven't seen much mentioned about them here or on computeraudiophile."

LL.jpg

LL.jpg

LL.jpg

With Android phone, Android tablet and Android mini PC, Android is definitely is a New Kid in Town for the USB DAC market sector.

reddragon72

Reaction score
USB audio & us$99 Minix Neo X5 Android mini PC (Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, ARM Cortex A9 dual-core CPU at 1.4GHz, quad-core Mali 400 GPU, 1GB RAM, 16GB ROM, SD card slot, USB 2.0 port x 3, micro USB OTG port, optical SPDIF port, HDMI port, Ethernet port, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, IR receiver, microphone jack, headphone jack)
MiniX.us
Android Mini PC Buying Guide
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?dd...20&openflup&5&4

Minix Neo X5 > digital USB audio out >> regular USB cable (i.e. standard-A plug to standard-B plug USB cable) >> Valab DAC

"SB Touch...buh bye. Hello Android Media Box…

Plug and play USB audio support - no drivers, no snap crackle pop, no dropouts. Wow. The sound was absolutely fantastic. What a great way to consolidate my favorite streaming apps and have my ripped collection just a click away as well. All controlled remotely from the comfort of my easy chair and viewed on my big screen TV. I AM Slothman!

In summary, this was all an exercise in music listening convenience for me and obviously NOT an audiophile quest. However, I do believe that devices such as these and the applications being developed are on the verge of further revolutionizing this hobby in a big way soon. After my initial experience with this (basic) media box, I can certainly see why Logitech decided to kick the SB Touch to the curb. I hope this thread may spark a little more discussion and interest in these Android media boxes/ mini PC's. I haven't seen much mentioned about them here or on computeraudiophile."

LL.jpg

LL.jpg

LL.jpg

With Android phone, Android tablet and Android mini PC, Android is definitely is a New Kid in Town for the USB DAC market sector.

Did you test this yourself? I am still looking for a USB audio device that outputs 5.1 AC3/DTS.

OP
D

DanBa

Reaction score
Nope, the text surrounded by the quotation marks (i.e. a citation) is not mine.

captainkirkw

Reaction score
If I understand all of this correctly, is there no hope for being able to plug my Nexus 4 or any relatively new Android phone into my car stereo via the USB cable and have it play stored music or stream Pandora,di.fm, etc...? While I am not going back to iOS, it is pretty disappointing that we don't have this feature available like I did with my iPhone 4. I know I can stream via BT but since I want my phone to charge, it is just so easy to use the USB cable to do that plus play music.