Email syncing question with Gmail and Android 2.0

bamfsig45

Reaction score
So Android 2.0 has the ability to sync Gmail and other Pop3 accounts. I currently have my Gmail account online set up to check my pop3 accounts and the emails go in to the inbox. My question is this. Once I set up my Gmail account through my phone, I shouldn't have to set up the same pop3 accounts as they should show up in the Gmail inbox on the phone and list which pop3 account they came from just like the online inbox, correct? I hope thats right. :p

Thanks.

pilot25

Reaction score
That's how I have it on my BB. I have one g-mail account synced to my BB and my other 5 accounts set to my Gmail account.

Works fine.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're correct. A very simple setup. This will most likely be the setup I use :biggrin:

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Thats good news, makes life a whole lot easier.

axb

Reaction score
E-Mail inbox

My emails from my outlook in box are not staying on my droid. I seem to only be getting new messages. Am I missing a setting??

Radar

Reaction score
Snc to Gmail

I am getting ready to purchase a Droid. How do I link my outlook to gmail?

myriad46

Reaction score

Outlook is a mail program that you use to retrieve you emails from a server. Who provides your email/internet? You could also include the @whatever.com of your email address and that would help for us to recommend options for you to link your current email to a Gmail account.

Radar

Reaction score
Sync to Gmail

My email and internet is from Verizon, srscherr**@**verizon.net

Outlook is a mail program that you use to retrieve you emails from a server. Who provides your email/internet? You could also include the @whatever.com of your email address and that would help for us to recommend options for you to link your current email to a Gmail account.

Last edited by a moderator:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Radar

Reaction score
Sync to Gmail

Mail Fetch and there is another called Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook

Are they the same? Where do find them

Super, thank you. Dumb question, where do I find the program to download, been looking, can't find it for some reason.

Start with this link and see if you have any questions.

Get mail from other accounts - Gmail Help

Basically your gmail account will act as Outlook does to retrieve email from Verizon's server. It would then sync with your Droid.

Which program are you referring too?

myriad46

Reaction score
If you had a perfect siutation, how would you check your email? Would you have everything go to your gmail account. Would you have your gmail sync with your Droid and then still be able to use Outlook? How do you want it to be able to work, because there's probably about a dozen ways to set this up. Let's start with how you want it to work and go from there.

Radar

Reaction score
Sync to Gmail

I would like Outlook to sync with the droid, email, contacts, tasks, sync both ways from the Droid back to Outlook, not sure can be done. Of course still use outlook.

If you had a perfect siutation, how would you check your email? Would you have everything go to your gmail account. Would you have your gmail sync with your Droid and then still be able to use Outlook? How do you want it to be able to work, because there's probably about a dozen ways to set this up. Let's start with how you want it to work and go from there.

myriad46

Reaction score
To clarify, you'd like to have outlook be the way you check your Verizon email, tasks, contacts (calender?) when you are at home, but then when you are on the go, you'd like to have all that information be available and editable on your Droid?