Email stuck in outbox

grbenny

Reaction score
Hey, i have several email stuck in my outbox. Using the default email client. Don’t know why they're stuck. Could have screwed up the address, too large an attachment...doesn't seem to be a way to find out what’s wrong, or do anything other than delete. One in particular I invested quite a lot of times composing and would really like to recover the text.

Anything advice, or is there really just the delete option?

Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I have had a message stuck in my out box for a few days. I went onto my computer and into my email account outbox and copied & pasted it into a new email and sent it. Then I deleted the copy in the outbox.

Taegost

Reaction score
How long has it been since you rebooted your phone? If I don't reboot every 2-3 days I have issues like that.

OP
G

grbenny

Reaction score
Interesting. Since I created the email on the droid, not sure how it would exist on the computer.

OP
G

grbenny

Reaction score
Rebooted this morning. There are a few email that have been in outbox for 2 months! I was just wondering if there were options I am not seeing that would allow me to open the email and trying to fix it.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Interesting. Since I created the email on the droid, not sure how it would exist on the computer.

I thought that is what email sync did. Anyhow mine showed up on the computer in my gmail account.

OP
G

grbenny

Reaction score
Ok, I see. My main email account is Comcast, so it's probably not syncing like gmail does.

atv98ah

Reaction score
I had the same issue yesterday. I had to reboot the phone. After that I went back in and checked, and the message had moved to the "sent" folder.

liquidiamonds

Reaction score
I am using a gmail account in the messaging app and I have the same issue. All my messages get stuck in the outbox

OP
G

grbenny

Reaction score
Sounds like my issue isn't that bad! ALL messages stuck in the outbox is much worse! I only have a few stuck, but was hoping to find a way to handle it from the Droid. Doesn't sound like that's possible. Appreciate all the responses though.

Sirgeeps

Reaction score
I've had this problem since I got my phone. I use the phone email with yahoo mail. The only solution I've noted is that if the message is sick in the outbox I immediately reboot. When I go back in, I refresh and the messages send. That's the only thing that has worked.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xenosdfo

Reaction score
Sounds like my issue isn't that bad! ALL messages stuck in the outbox is much worse! I only have a few stuck, but was hoping to find a way to handle it from the Droid. Doesn't sound like that's possible. Appreciate all the responses though.

Here is how you fix that. Turn your phone to plane mode. Then go into the outbox and open and save into draft. then go to draft and delete. then turn off plan mode. Only way i know to stop it from trying to send and making it so you can not open the message.

aaron