email stuck in outbox droid charge

sloanmama

Reaction score
I have been unable to send emails via my droid charge(stock email program). Won't work out from gmail or windows live hotmail. I send an email it appears to have been sent, when I look in "sent" file it's not there. Open up "outbox" and it's just sitting there. I have been all over the internet today searching for solutions (including these forums) and I have tried to power off and power back on, remove battery and restarting phone. I have cleared the cache and data from both the gmail app and the email app. I have cleared, refreshed, resended multiple times in the email app itself. I have checked out the auto-sync, unchecked all boxes and rechecked them. Nothing is working. Any suggestions? this is very frustrating.

edit: my wi-fi is not enabled either.

Last edited:

ryanmgossett

Reaction score
I have a Xoom and I also have random emails stuck in the out box of my corporate email. Most send but some don't. Looked online and many people have this problem but I don't see any solututions. Someone please help.

J_Bone

Reaction score
I had that same issue. I found my problem in the "Out going server / advanced settings"
"port" - 465
"use secure connection" - checked
"use secure password (TLS)" - Auto
"Authentication" - Auto
"Verify Cert" - Checked

Changing to these "Outgoing" setting in my Cox account allowed me to deliver e-mails.

ryanmgossett

Reaction score
thank you j bone and h princess

thank you for taking the time to respond. I looked in the settings but my corporate account doesn't have an option for outgoing questions. I don't see any advanced settings either. does that make sense? want to make sue I am explain properly.

J_Bone

Reaction score
For sync and corp, make sure the server has been setup correctly.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

xnavyguy

Reaction score
I had the same problem and tried a bunch of things including powering off the phone. I then pulled the battery, waited 30 seconds and put it back in. Both email accounts started sending again with all of the settings back on original.

Hope this helps