Email stuck in my outbox

jrgies

Reaction score
I currently have 4 different email accounts set up and they all receive and send email. However occasionally I will get a series of emails stuck in my outbox. And even when connected they won't send.

Any ideas. Biggest problem seems to be ATT.net

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums.

you can try and clear your cache and data, go to settings applications,manage applications, filter all, gmail storage, then clear both. hope this helps

OP
J

jrgies

Reaction score
Thanks

Cache was Empty if I went to clear Gmail storage it threatened to wipe all application data from the device, the data base the application all??

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cache was Empty if I went to clear Gmail storage it threatened to wipe all application data from the device, the data base the application all??

This is what I've been told will fix this, I've never had to do it. You won't lose the application, just all data associated with it. In affect it's gmail equivalent of a factory data reset.

You can also try downloading the K9 application from the Market to see if that helps you out at all.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
The dialog box is very very scary and it is a LIE. It will not wipe out settings, etc., etc. Bite the bullet and do it.

If you keep having the problem, you should give K9 a try.

Stretch2m

Reaction score
It will clear out your Gmail settings (ringtone, etc.) but it's easy enough to reset them. I don't know if this is what happened to you but I find that I need to do this almost every time I do a full restore from a nandroid backup. Sometimes I need to clear out the calendar (and calendar storage) app data too because it gets duplicated. Anyway, it's harmless enough to go in and reset your settings for just these apps.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I think that clearing "Gmail storage" data does not change settings. I think it just clears out the mail on the device so it can be downloaded fresh. When you clear it, there's the same scary dialog box about how it will clear settings, etc. but it is not true. On the other hand, sometimes it may be necessary to clear "Gmail" data/cache and that will probably get rid of settings.