Email problems after upgrade to ICS

eli55

Reaction score
After Verizon upgraded my Droid 4 to ICS my Cox email accountant won't update or notify when I get an email. Mailbox check frequency is set to 5 minutes. Sync over Wi-Fi only is off. Email notifications is on. Anybody else having any problems or have an idea of what's going on?

It checks my email only if I "refresh" it.

Cold Irons

Reaction score
Had problems with my home email on D4/ICS update also; it changed a couple of things in the incoming mail server settings. Forget exactly what it was, I think the POP3 server name was messed up. Also, it changed the setting so it was removing the email from the server once I deleted a message on my D4 -not desirable, since I still wanted my email to download to the desktop at home. Took a couple of days to get the email settings correct, but now all is well.

ndoren

Reaction score
After Verizon upgraded my Droid 4 to ICS my Cox email accountant won't update or notify when I get an email. Mailbox check frequency is set to 5 minutes. Sync over Wi-Fi only is off. Email notifications is on. Anybody else having any problems or have an idea of what's going on?

It checks my email only if I "refresh" it.

I had the exact same problem with my GF's Droid 4 after the update. I even told her that she wasn't going to be alone, and that someone here would post the same problem (as you have). I couldn't resolve it. I ended up installing k-9 email (free from the play store) and it's a much better client than stock. You may even be glad the stock app didn't work because once you try k-9 you will love it. Neall

Last edited: