Email notification count

mi_miko

Reaction score
Why if I know I have for example 2 emails in my yahoo account does the notification bar tell me I have 8? Like its kept the previous 6 new emails as well as the 2 new ones.

And will there be a update for the Droid emoticon to show up on the Droid X?

maderschramm

Reaction score
Why if I know I have for example 2 emails in my yahoo account does the notification bar tell me I have 8? Like its kept the previous 6 new emails as well as the 2 new ones.

to answer your first question I believe the reason is because if you have 6 new messages, clear the notification, then get 2 more messages, you have 8 total new messages, which is why the phone says you have 8 new messages

OP
M

mi_miko

Reaction score

to answer your first question I believe the reason is because if you have 6 new messages, clear the notification, then get 2 more messages, you have 8 total new messages, which is why the phone says you have 8 new messages
Thanks I thought I had done that but will see if that clears it up.
Its kind of weird that it started happening cause I have had the phone for about a month and it just started doing this the other day.

dave13md

Reaction score
mail notification clear

hey, this started happening to me too. And funny, it was just over the last couple weeks...it 'never' did it before (ha, in the cupple months that the app has been out).

When you get the notification and do the pull down it says you have more 'new' messages. It used to be that if you hit 'clear' or clicked on the notification to open mail app (or just opened app from home screen) it would clear/reset the number of new messages.

Something happened all of a sudden to change so that it doesn't reset appropriately. Would appreciate any thoughts/ideas.

Thanks.

cypha

Reaction score
Yahoo mail notification incorrect new mail count

Bump
Same problem on HTC G2/Desire Z with Froyo. Even after reading the email messages, subsequent incoming new mail notifications have a new mail count that includes all new mails since phone was previously restarted, even if the previous mails were already read (via clicking through the notification curtain or directly through app or checking mail on a separate computer).

Problem only occurs with Yahoo Mail, no problems with Gmail.

Would appreciate any help!!

conecraft

Reaction score
Mine has done the same thing.... I have to power off/on to clear it... not a huge deal to me... more of an annoyance... but it would be nice to figure it out.. sounds like a Yahoo App problem...