Email not sending

surfshoptom

Reaction score
My wife just got a Droid X2. I'm trying to set up the email app for her. I've got it to receive email from our company email servers, but can't send. The servers are Pop and SMTP and require SSL. I got my email to work both ways on my Charge and I got K9 to work on her phone, but K9 doesn't expand the text like the Moto app.

When she tries to send, she gets an "Authentication error sending". The settings for Outgoing Server are:

Port - 465
Use Secure Connection - checked (this is the SSL thing I think)
Use secure password (TLS) - Never, Auto or Always?
Authentication - None, Auto or MD5?
Verify Certificate - checked or unchecked?

I would have thought the last 3 are Never, None and unchecked, but it doesn't send.

Is there an app like K9 but has the expanding email text?

socaldrmer

Reaction score
Hi, I had similar concern. What I did to solve this was to remove the email account, reboot phone and add the email account again. Hope this helps you also.

OP
S

surfshoptom

Reaction score
thanks

I'll give it a try tonight. I hope by reboot, you don't mean a hard reset, but just a restart.

OP
S

surfshoptom

Reaction score
Hi, I had similar concern. What I did to solve this was to remove the email account, reboot phone and add the email account again. Hope this helps you also.
Well I couldn't get it to work. I called customer service and they said it was a known problem that should be fixed in the next update. Since she was on day 14, we decided to send it back and replace it with a Samsung Droid Charge which I have. We know the email works. She has it now and she likes it. No more Moto X2. Thanks for your help tho.

khenon

Reaction score
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but couldn't find any updated information on this topic. I am not able to send email from my Droid2 phone. It's a Microsoft Exchange account, and yes I have all the server information correct (talked to my email account's IT guys to get the correct info). I've been on the phone with Verizon and Motorola for literally hours with no resolution. I receive emails just fine. But can't send all of the sudden (could send the first couple of months I had the phone).

After some reading it seems this isn't a new problem, but most of the posts I've seen for it are at least a few months old. Any new information/resolution for this problem? Oh, and I tried downloading K-9 and it wouldn't let me set up my account, so I uninstalled it.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.