Email not Gmail

hiniker88

Reaction score
So on the factory email app not the gmail app i have about a full page of the same email i have deleted over and over but they will not go away. any ideas on what to do to get rid of them or how to delete that account and start over?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. But I have a feeling that you might not quite understand what's happening with your phone.

This is a google phone. You want to utilize gmail, not ignore it. If anything you want to ignore the email app, if possible.

I only have gmail, and I made the mistake of setting up my gmail account on the email app. So I got the multiple emails. Now I don't know what your email is, but I would try to delete it from the email app. If your email is not gmail, go on line with a computer to your gmail account and go to the settings. Set your email up to be forwarded to gmail.

If you have gmail as your only account, then you may have to do a factory data reset to remove gmail off that email app. That's what I had to do.

Hope that helps, and if I'm not even close I apologize. You didn't give a lot of information.

OP
H

hiniker88

Reaction score
Ya I just reread my post and can see I was not totally clear at all. I use my Gmail app all the time. And the only problem I have with thast one is I have no idea what my password is. the one I am having trouble with is the other email app. I wish I could just delete my account on it but have no idea how. I

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
Go online from a computer, to that email app. (If you don't remember the password, reset it on the computer then your phone) Delete all the emails you don't want. Reinstall the email on your phone if they are not cleared.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App