Newbie question

fibermick

Reaction score
I've tried to search for this answer but can't seem to put the right search terms in to get an answer. Here goes. Was away for the weekend and read my emails on the phone. Deleted most--saved some. Got home and when I opened outlook express had 178 emails most of which I had deleted. I looked at my gmail account and the only ones on there were the ones I had saved. I've had the same email address for a very long time and don't want to get rid of it (I use comcast) but I don't want to have to double delete. Keep the answer simple, please, I'm a 74 year old grandma and absolutely love this phone which is probably way over my head but I'm learning. Had it about 2 weeks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've tried to search for this answer but can't seem to put the right search terms in to get an answer. Here goes. Was away for the weekend and read my emails on the phone. Deleted most--saved some. Got home and when I opened outlook express had 178 emails most of which I had deleted. I looked at my gmail account and the only ones on there were the ones I had saved. I've had the same email address for a very long time and don't want to get rid of it (I use comcast) but I don't want to have to double delete. Keep the answer simple, please, I'm a 74 year old grandma and absolutely love this phone which is probably way over my head but I'm learning. Had it about 2 weeks

The easiest way to do this is to stop using Outlook all together and have the email address that is on Outlook forwarded to gmail. For example I still have a roadrunner.com address but everything that goes there goes to gmail as well.

Go to Gmail Settings/Account & Import and Add Pop 3 email accounts. On outlook the easiest thing to do so you don't get emails there anymore is just to remove it from your computer.

Hope this helps.

Skizz135

Reaction score
And by the way, congrats to you with keeping up with Technology! I don't mean to sound ageist in anyway, but my 50 year old mother wouldn't give this phone a chance. No offense mom : ) Way to keep up with the times!