Email Issue

Phatkikd0069

Reaction score
Hey Guys...I just got my droid last night and am really digging it...however, I have ran into an issue with my email...I have received one email since setting it up. I have it set to check the account every 5 minutes...now every 5 minutes it's giving me a notification that there is new email...it keeps giving me the previous notification.

anyone else have this problem?

myriad46

Reaction score
Hey Phat, welcome to the forum. It's understandable that you want an answer to your question, but most people do a lot of their forum hopping at night, so bumping after 6 horus during the day, may just frustrate the more experienced members into not answering your question. Just a thought.

What email are you using? Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. Have you tried logging into that email through a computer, over the web? Sometimes with email servers through your ISP, messaged can get stuck in limbo sometimes, causing them to recur.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Email

First of all don't bother with the email it comes with. Download K-9 Mail from the market - it's free and way better.

Enter your email into that and set it to check at whatever interval you want - 1 min, 5 min, etc..

Should work great.

Hey Guys...I just got my droid last night and am really digging it...however, I have ran into an issue with my email...I have received one email since setting it up. I have it set to check the account every 5 minutes...now every 5 minutes it's giving me a notification that there is new email...it keeps giving me the previous notification.

anyone else have this problem?

OP
P

Phatkikd0069

Reaction score
Thanks Guys...it's just a bit on the annoying side....

Silver Member
Reaction score
the pre-installed email client is junk. either switch everything to be forwarded to a gmail account or use a different email client.

i'd suggest using gmail since google services push the mail to your phone.