Email Help!!! Can no longer get email on my computer

Libra3

Reaction score
I have a Droid X, which I absolutely love by the way. However, Im a bit technology challenged I guess. I set up my email account on my Droid and now can longer send or receive email on my computer. As soon as I deleted the account off of my Droid, it started working again. I KNOW there has to be some way I can send and receive email on both. Please help....

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I have the same issue. My way to resolve this was to manually sync my email on my phone. As long as the email account on the phone is allowed to sync on its own, it basically retains control of the account.

There is a way to set it up that allows both to access the account, but I will have to dig it up for you..unless someone else comes and post it before i get back...lol

OP
L

Libra3

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your help...I'll go check it out.

OP
L

Libra3

Reaction score
Well it says I can forward my email to my gmail account but I dont want to do that. There has to be a way to do this...hrmmm

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Well it says I can forward my email to my gmail account but I dont want to do that. There has to be a way to do this...hrmmm
Forwarding is one thing you can do, but there should be other options available in that thread...if not, then my suggestion would be to manually sync your e-mail from the phone.

erict

Reaction score
I have a Droid X, which I absolutely love by the way. However, Im a bit technology challenged I guess. I set up my email account on my Droid and now can longer send or receive email on my computer. As soon as I deleted the account off of my Droid, it started working again. I KNOW there has to be some way I can send and receive email on both. Please help....

What email are you using?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Butthead007

Reaction score
Your ability to send and receive email independently of your droid x has nothing to do with setting up the account on your droid x.

Something else is going on there. What exactly is your issue and what error messages, et al are you receiving?

This is not a droid x issue.

OP
L

Libra3

Reaction score
When I have it set up on my Droid X ( it works fine on my Droid X) but when I try to send and receive on my computer it tells me the password was rejected by the server and will not down load to my computer. Then when I delete the account off of my Droid X...it works fine on my computer. I dont get it at all. I mean if it works fine on multiple computers with no problem, why would having it on my Droid stop it from working on my computer?

clickie71

Reaction score
same thing

same thing with me and my husband, I am using hotmail and he uses yahoo... i remove the accoutn and readd it and it will work sometimes, but it is so annoying, I have tried changing setiings in the emial set up but that did n't work either,

Reaction score
Check this
in the email program, go to account settings, incoming settings and under 'delete email from server' select never.

OP
L

Libra3

Reaction score
Check this
in the email program, go to account settings, incoming settings and under 'delete email from server' select never.

That still doesnt work because my server quits recognizing the password from my computer once it is configured on the Droid.

Reaction score
This is a bit weird. The only thing I can think of is that Your droid email is staying logged in to the server and the server is only allowing a single access to the account.

Maybe check that both the PC and the droid are using the same ports for incoming and out going. I know that I have to change the outgoing port on the droid from the default for my server.

Bob

BodyBagz

Reaction score
This is a bit weird. The only thing I can think of is that Your droid email is staying logged in to the server and the server is only allowing a single access to the account.

Maybe check that both the PC and the droid are using the same ports for incoming and out going. I know that I have to change the outgoing port on the droid from the default for my server.

Bob

Do this...my final advice on this issue...

On the phone, go to Settings--->Accounts--->Charter Email
Incoming = POP mail Server
Server = pop.charter.net
Port = 110
Username = [email protected]
Password = you password for your Charter Email Account password

Outgoing Server
SMTP Server = mobile.charter.net
Port = 587
Username = [email protected]
Password = your Charter E-mail Account password

If this doesnt work, I am out of ideas and suggestions. This is how my DX e-mail through my charter account is set up and it works...