email filters

pursuant

Reaction score
I have an Droid X 3g and have just recently set it up to receive email though the K9 app . It works fine. The problem is that this address is one we use for our business and we get 4-500 pieces of spam a day. We have filters on the server but we still get that much. On our desktop we use Outlook which has a number of filters and folders we have added to sort the mail out. Is there anything like this for the droid?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Best practice is to either filter on the server or before the server (using a filtering service).

Folder support is going to depend on your email account type.

OP
P

pursuant

Reaction score
filters

Sounds like the only solution to the problem.I wish there were a list of words that most frequently appears in spam, now that would be helpful.

Thanks

tschneider

Reaction score
i dont know if i quite understand what the directions were ....i use outlook 7......i have it filtered to not collect spam ...but if i shut down outlook and emails are sent to my droid x 3g they i also get the spam .....how do i filter that spam ? thanks

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
i dont know if i quite understand what the directions were ....i use outlook 7......i have it filtered to not collect spam ...but if i shut down outlook and emails are sent to my droid x 3g they i also get the spam .....how do i filter that spam ? thanks

Sounds like you are not using an Exchange server...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
no I am not using an exchange server

Then you need to leave outlook running and then forward the emails to your device. It can't filter if it's not running.

tschneider

Reaction score
so how do i set up my droid so it continually sends emails to both outlook when opened and to droid...currently if my outlook is opened it doesnt send to droid..thanks